Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

timing peculiarity at IMTX
Quote | Reply
I talked with a friend of mine about the "slow" age group times for the swim. She said that the front of the pack age groupers, took a slightly different route than the pros at one of the turns. Can anyone confirm this?

But that is not the question: I noticed that the guy credited with the fastest time in the age group wave, while a solid swimmer, doesn't have the results in the past that would indicate beating the entire AG wave by 3 minutes. Anyone know the story here?
Quote Reply
Re: timing peculiarity at IMTX [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

This is the first I am hearing of this. I would be interested in this also as I swam over ten minutes slower than expected even with out wearing a wet suit.

FWIW, the swim course seemed the same a before at least from the perspective of being in the water.

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Re: timing peculiarity at IMTX [hblake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I got more details:

The turn into the canal was much tighter in the pro group. Were boats blocking the corner by chance? It wasn't a major deal, maybe 30 seconds...

Also if I had to bet the swimmer in question lost his chip in the water. His T1 was 21 minutes. He probably came out in 1:05 ish and then had to scramble to get a chip. So nothing to see here...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:

Also if I had to bet the swimmer in question lost his chip in the water. His T1 was 21 minutes. He probably came out in 1:05 ish and then had to scramble to get a chip. So nothing to see here...

Darn it. Just when I thought I had something to look forward to on a slow Monday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mistery solved, took me about 5 minutes to find out the issue. That swimmer did start at 6:41 over the 2 mats at the start and noticed the exit time of 7:33 giving a swim time of 51 minutes.

Much faster (10 minutes) than previous possible results. I then noticed that this participant was given a replacement chip race morning and that chip exited at 7:48am giving the swimmer a time of 1:06:41, more lined up with previous results. You will notice transition time also will go from 21 minutes to 6 mins.

We imagine the original chip was found and accidentely crossed the swim exit mat, there were no other detection within 30 second of that chip and it is the only mat it crossed all day.

Times will be updated shortly.

#Endofthread
Quote Reply
Re: timing peculiarity at IMTX [sportstats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
An odd coincidence is that the chip time was exactly the same as Matt Hansen's.
Quote Reply
Re: timing peculiarity at IMTX [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
ajthomas wrote:

Darn it. Just when I thought I had something to look forward to on a slow Monday.

I know, right.

I was pretty sure something was amiss and almost posted a slightly more provocative accusation.

BTW: you don't get to hold anything over me about Matt winning because kind of like this thread I covered my bases! But yeah, it seems your assessment was better than mine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually detection did not happen at the same time...one occured at 7:33am and Matt at 7:16am...no story here....
Quote Reply
Re: timing peculiarity at IMTX [sportstats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wasn't saying there was a story / but the times are the same 51:46. I understand there were different start time triggers. I Was simply pointing out the coincidence...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
BTW: you don't get to hold anything over me about Matt winning because kind of like this thread I covered my bases! But yeah, it seems your assessment was better than mine.

Ha, forgot about that.

Btw, once I saw his swim time I figured the race was over assuming he could avoid the mechanical gremlins.
Quote Reply
Re: timing peculiarity at IMTX [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me too, actually.
Quote Reply