1500m race, i am the white guy wearing black singlet
my glute is hurt a bit, but it wasnt bothering me here:
https://www.facebook.com/...nk/1957101924556153/
you can see me at the -32 mark
Last edited by: synthetic: Jul 21, 17 7:59
Quote Reply
Re: the run analysis thread [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) There is no such thing as perfect form.

2) You need to do a lot of strides.

3) And lots of 200s.

4) And relax

https://markmcdermott.substack.com
Quote Reply
Re: the run analysis thread [marklemcd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly! marklemcd you are super correct.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you dont look very comfortable and you are running like you are holding in a big dump.

look at the people ahead of you in the clip...they are all running well and relaxed. try and emulate them.

tuck your chin in a bit. swing your arms but keep them relaxed. breathe from the bottom of your lungs and loosen up your shoulders. lengthen your stride by relaxing your hips.

as someone posted...do some strides, do some walking lunges really swinging your arms, relax, do some short repeats.

i dont know what point of the 1500 yo were in but you look like you are straining ...so some endurance work might help as well.
Quote Reply
Re: the run analysis thread [rhayden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rhayden wrote:
you dont look very comfortable and you are running like you are holding in a big dump.

look at the people ahead of you in the clip...they are all running well and relaxed. try and emulate them.

tuck your chin in a bit. swing your arms but keep them relaxed. breathe from the bottom of your lungs and loosen up your shoulders. lengthen your stride by relaxing your hips.

as someone posted...do some strides, do some walking lunges really swinging your arms, relax, do some short repeats.

i dont know what point of the 1500 yo were in but you look like you are straining ...so some endurance work might help as well.

that was the finish, but earlier in the video i look about the same. as for endurance, its there doing 70mpw. I guess i dont know how to 'relax'? possible from inflexibility ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As already mentioned, strides, lunges, etc. Have you ever done running drills? You look to have very limited ROM in hips, and way too much tension throughout. Lots of 'easy' but quicker running ( in the form of strides) ought to help a lot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I'm actually not sure which one is you from the description, but lose weight, all of you are fat. Lose weight you'll get faster.

http://www.sweat7.com
Facebook Page: Sweat7
Twitter: @sweat7coaching
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
rhayden wrote:

that was the finish, but earlier in the video i look about the same. as for endurance, its there doing 70mpw. I guess i dont know how to 'relax'? possible from inflexibility ?

I looked quickly at your blog. You were a power lifter? ...you run like a weightlifter..all puffed up and clenching. Relax and work on some yoga or stretching fir flexibility especially through your hips.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you been getting advice from Starky?
Quote Reply