Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

the most amazing Interbike invention
Quote | Reply
In my opinion, the most amazing (though not necessarily the most useful) Interbike invention that I saw was the 'bicycle treadmill': a huge, incredibly engineered treadmill about 3? bike lengths long with a wide industrial belt about 3-4' wide with small white dash marks (as on a road). The whole monster could incline to give up to a 16% grade and the speed was rider controlled--no controls to fiddle with: you speed up, the tread speeds up; you slow down, the tread slows down. The rider could manually select the incline or a computer (with an LCD moving map display) could give the rider a preprogrammed course with hills or long climbs (but I don't think it could simulate descents). The thing had numerous safety auto shut-offs using trip wires and light beams. The treadmill was amazing and the inventor had some racers hammering hard on the thing for hours. Soon you will be able to get your very own for just $ 35,000(!). Call it the 'endless pool' of the bicycle world?

Where would you want to swim ?
Last edited by: Greg/ORD: Oct 15, 03 17:13
Quote Reply
Re: the most amazing Interbike invention [Greg/ORD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only 100X more expensive than a good indoor trainer...what a deal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My hamster already has one. Now he's saving up for a new custom Colnago with a 35 mm frame.

Put the bunny back in the box.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think that this is what you were talking about...(third pic)

http://cyclescene.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=383
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i loved it. a real show stopper. i WANTED one. but, yeah, $35k. that's a bit of a pop.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is amazing - great idea - wish I thought of it. But what's with the itty bitty flat screen. For 35k I want the 48" wide screen mother.

Out the door for 3.5k , they could sell a bunch of these - at 35k, good luck.

put the mettle to the pedal
Quote Reply