Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

tell me your BB bearing lube of choice
Quote | Reply
A mechanic I know swears by PolyDyn's TX7 automatic transmission additive--either alone or mixed with the tranny oil--for lubing BB's after cleaning.

Tell me what you like to use for minimising friction in the BB bearings.

Bonus Q: For the mainland Europeans, what product(s) do you use? (I'm in Sweden and don't have access to the US products.)

Note: I have a Ceramic Speed BB in my Cervelo nP3.

Cheers!

/Howie Nordström
Quote Reply
Re: tell me your BB bearing lube of choice [lllusion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since you have a Ceramic Speed bottom bracket, why not use the Ceramic Speed lube?

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Harbor Freight Marine Grease...

https://www.harborfreight.com/marine-boat-trailer-and-4x4-wheel-bearing-grease-97844.html
Quote Reply
Re: tell me your BB bearing lube of choice [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All my bikes are either BB30 or PF30.

I use off the shelf SKF 6806 2RS bearings in the BB30's and change them regularly as they're cheap, and SRAM PF30 BB's.

I use liberal amounts of ROCOL Sapphire Aqua 2 marine grease in the BB shell - keeps the water out, and the grease in the bearings.

As an engineer by trade all of my bikes are torn down regularly (like REAL regularly) as we have a pretty comprehensively equipped workshop and cleaning facility at work so it's no effort.

I'm not saying this eeks every last Watt out - but I certainly don't get any failures.

LG
Quote Reply
Re: tell me your BB bearing lube of choice [lagazelle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lagazelle wrote:
I use liberal amounts of ROCOL Sapphire Aqua 2 marine grease in the BB shell - keeps the water out, and the grease in the bearings.

Do you fill the shell with grease?

/Howie Nordström
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lllusion wrote:
lagazelle wrote:

Do you fill the shell with grease?

Not fill as such - just wipe a reasonable amount arount the bearings inside and out. Wipe off external excess afterwards.

I just scoop the old stuff out everytime I drop the crank out and replace it. Which is every few
rides on road bikes and almost every ride on cross and mtb ( I have spare bikes hahahaha )

LG
Quote Reply