Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

switching from standard to compact
Quote | Reply
My quarq came in tonight and I want to install it on my bike. I'm running a standard 6700 ultegra. Will I need to make any adjustments or with front or rear derailleur?? Ideally i have a race on Saturday and want to get power meter on tonigh so I can admin a power test for pacing but want to get that in ASAP so I have time to recover. I do not have a torque wrench
Quote Reply
Re: switching from standard to compact [JMatroni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JMatroni wrote:
My quarq came in tonight and I want to install it on my bike. I'm running a standard 6700 ultegra. Will I need to make any adjustments or with front or rear derailleur??

You will need to lower the front derailleur and perhaps shorten the chain.

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: switching from standard to compact [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would it be a bad idea to admin a power test tonight ok trainer to get the yet done and have r adjusted tomorrow so it's right for race?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JMatroni wrote:
Would it be a bad idea to admin a power test tonight ok trainer to get the yet done and have r adjusted tomorrow so it's right for race?

I know it's inviting but this close to the Saturday race I vote for not worrying about a power test to use for pacing and just go out and ride a bit as you would just before your race. Collect power data at the race but don't worry too much about monitoring during the race. It will be too easy to get fixated on numbers while you should be watching where you're going. Post race analysis of the numbers will be useful though.

Have fun and don't stress until you have a few weeks time riding with power.

Hugh

Quote Reply
Re: switching from standard to compact [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So just wait to get it all installed and adjusted tomorrow?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JMatroni wrote:
So just wait to get it all installed and adjusted tomorrow?

You should adjust the derailleur as soon as you install the cranks. Right now it's way more important to get the shifting well sorted than stressing over power. Slack in the front derailleur cable will need to be taken up when it's lowered.

Quote Reply