Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

suggested swimming exercise while broken clavicle heals
Quote | Reply
Any suggestions for swimming drills to do while my broken clavicle heals. Currently I
Can't use my left arm at all. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Quote Reply
Re: suggested swimming exercise while broken clavicle heals [tsupshaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tsupshaw wrote:
Any suggestions for swimming drills to do while my broken clavicle heals. Currently I
Can't use my left arm at all. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Kick all four strokes (A4S), kick with fins free/back/fly, swim 1-arm A4S, swim 1-arm with fins A4S, pull 1-arm free/back/fly, pull w/ paddles 1-arm free/back, etc. I think you get the drift, just try to swim, pull, and kick A4S but with just your right arm. 1-arm free, fly and breast are not too bad; 1-arm back is more challenging but if you just swim your backstroke right next to the lane rope it is do-able. As you gradually get the use and strength of your left side back, you might even be a stronger swimmer overall. :)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: suggested swimming exercise while broken clavicle heals [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: suggested swimming exercise while broken clavicle heals [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's pretty much what I did while mine healed. I started out kicking with fins but ditched them after a while at the suggestion of my coach. I still used them when I was dolphin kicking...otherwise I would have been eating water. ;) 1 arm worked well too if you can keep the injured side relatively immobile.
Quote Reply