Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

strong triathlon bikers
Quote | Reply
during the off season do you always do your workouts in aero. I must increase my ftp and have seen better gains while upright than while in aero. Am i fooling myself with this training or do gain means gains. Racing will not start until may of next year. Plan to return to race specific position in the spring. I feel like I have a decent fit so I am not sure that is a concern but am afraid to post a picture on st to prove it. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: strong triathlon bikers [marath8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My experience is you must train "low"; not necessarily aero. (Meaning train with a closed hip angle. You can do this on a road bike, just bend over.)

When I first started triathlon, my out of the saddle climbing FTP and seated FTP were quite different. After a year of really working the TT position, they are the same.

2015 USAT Long Course National Champion (M50-54)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do most of my mileage on a road bike (hoods mostly). Probably only use the tri bike 1x/week (and that is almost entirely in aero).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do as much as you can in the aero position. If your position is compromising your power more than just a few watts, get a good fit and adjust things so you can ride powerfully in the aero position...even if it means going with a less aggressive position. Then, this off season, try to work on flexibility and core strength a bit to be better in a more aggressive position.

Professional Triathlete
Owner of Blake Becker Multisport Coaching LLC / Team BBMC
blakebeck@gmail.com
http://www.teambbmc.com
Quote Reply
Re: strong triathlon bikers [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
I do most of my mileage on a road bike (hoods mostly). Probably only use the tri bike 1x/week (and that is almost entirely in aero).

What he said, but I move the tri bike exclusively in season (unless I'm doing a recovery ride). Also, more important than your position while training is the quality of your workouts. The longer the race, the more time you will need in aero.

Human Person
Quote Reply