Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

sore left knee near end of training rides
Quote | Reply
sore left knee
forcing me to reduce pedal pressure.
no cramp. just sore on the power portion / downward motion of pedaling.

lack of nutrition or lack of conditioning ?

*no problem with right knee .
Quote Reply
Re: sore left knee near end of training rides [Swanbird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where on your knee?
Quote Reply
Re: sore left knee near end of training rides [lonniecdams] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ITB
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
could be ITB. could be too many miles. A lot depends on where on the knee.
Quote Reply
Re: sore left knee near end of training rides [CB3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
like the core / center of the knee
as if when you push down on left pedal
a pain (where joints come together) says "nope"
i am not going to let you push that pedal down like you are doing with the right leg.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Start rolling your ITB on a foam roller. Do it religiously (i.e. "yes this hurts... a lot, but I'm going to keep doing it because I don't want this pain anymore) for 3-4 weeks, daily. That will most likely fix the problem.

Then, don't stop rolling! Keep rolling a few times a week and you'll keep the problem at bay.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A lot of knee issues stem from deficiencies elsewhere in the leg. Rolling should definitely help. Have you recently upped your mileage in running/biking?

What is your bike fit situation? last time you had a fit done? Any injuries since?
Quote Reply
Re: sore left knee near end of training rides [CB3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CB3 wrote:
A lot of knee issues stem from deficiencies elsewhere in the leg. Rolling should definitely help. Have you recently upped your mileage in running/biking?

What is your bike fit situation? last time you had a fit done? Any injuries since?

everything is good.
i am just riding with faster people now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well if you're happy with the fit then my guess (completely unprofessional guess - I work in Advertising) would be first that you could have just pushed too hard too fast. Take a few easy days, stretch,roll and then slowly ramp up and see if the pain is still present. If it is, i'd get it checked out or atleast go back to your LBS and have your fit checked. They doc will probably take some pretty pictures of your knee to look for ligament/cartilage damage but it's better to be safe than sorry.
Quote Reply
Re: sore left knee near end of training rides [RobLindqu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RobLindqu wrote:
Start rolling your ITB on a foam roller. Do it religiously (i.e. "yes this hurts... a lot, but I'm going to keep doing it because I don't want this pain anymore) for 3-4 weeks, daily. That will most likely fix the problem.

Then, don't stop rolling! Keep rolling a few times a week and you'll keep the problem at bay.

Great advice. I'd add rolling the vastus medialis and inner thigh adductors too. I've found that this is more beneficial for me than rolling the ITB.

Formerly DrD
Quote Reply