Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

softrides
Quote | Reply
i really love the idea of softrides. dig everything about them. there is only one real reason i will never own them.

no real functioning maintance stand. i know you can do most maintance on the ground or hanging them from the cieling. i just like to have a bike firmly locked down and off the ground at chest level.

minor i know but what can't softride or park design a clamp for the bikes?

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: softrides [customerjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey customerjon, what's up?!? Man, I have to agree from owning three of them: Sopftrides are nice bikes. There is a tremendous flexibility in fitting them. Very fast and very nice. A little heavier but worth the extra weight. Park does make a clamp for their workstands that would enable you to GENTLY clamp the beam- its the one they sell for use on recumbants, etc. Also, you could use the Euro-style old school stand that supports the bike from below. Not as secure but still a good solution. I wouldn't let the workstand issue stand in the way of owning a Softride: Why do you buy it? To ride it or work on it?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: softrides [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Why do you buy it? To ride it or work on it?"

damn tom good point. like i said it was minor. my mind is made up, in about a decade when i can affrord a bike again, it will be a rocket tt.

Quote Reply
Re: softrides [ultra-poser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As I am writing this reply my Softride Rocket TT is resting in the clamps of my Park PRS-5 Race Stand. You know the foldable "pro" model repair stand that you can either get from your lbs or mail order company. Thus, I don't understand the premise of your argument for not buying a Softride. I think these bikes are great for Ironman distance racing and training. YES, SOFTRIDE ROCKET TT'S FIT IN THE REPAIR STAND.

John Thomason
Quote Reply
Re: softrides [John Thomason] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hell, I'd love to get one, but at $2600 for a frame and fork it looks like I'll have to stick with traditional frames. That's not even their "top of the line" frame. The SE is $3200 for frame and fork. You can get a Dura Ace equipped P3 or Felt DA for less than that.
Quote Reply
Re: softrides [John Thomason] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"YES, SOFTRIDE ROCKET TT'S FIT IN THE REPAIR STAND."

hold it hoss! didn't say it was impossible. just never saw it done or heard anyone tell me how.

how did you do it?

as far as the price goes it's a suspened bike. unique stuff costs coin.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ever consider the Titanflex? How does it's fully equiped price compare to Softride prices? I know Titanflex is not cheap, but maybe it would reachable before the top of the line Softride would be.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a workstand that is kind of like a saw horse. works just fine for my softride. cant remember where I got it though, but it was cheap.
Quote Reply
Re: softrides [yaquicarbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i have thought about titan flex. the only problem is again a really stupid reason but i would put an aero post and god would that thing be ugly.

see i am operating on fantasy right now, even a cervelo one is so far out of my reach right now i could cry, so i can be ultra picky about the bike i want. like when you dream about winning the lottery.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just work on my rocket while it's plugged into my trainer.

Love the ride.
Quote Reply