Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: show me your DIMOND [IronSnowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's even more beautiful in person.

Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [Borden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
with that stack height you are a good candidate for a Torhans bento and Glen Alden fairing or whatever Jesse Thomas is using.

Borden wrote:
Here is #9

Slowtwitch Pictorial --> http://www.slowtwitch.com/..._s_Dimond__4638.html

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anybody know what fairing Jesse Thomas is using? UPS just dropped off my frameset on my front doorstep. I can't wait to get home and start building it up.
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [lmar77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

my ride, all finished, including the final hydration options (BTA and BTS cage). Handlebars wrapped and rider fitted :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Making progress. Just need to trim the seatpost about an inch and chop off all at usless sterrer tube. I'm also waiting on a few items to finish the build.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's my rough draft. Should be done in about a week with the build.

Re: show me your DIMOND [darkhorsetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
darkhorsetri wrote:

Hey Steve! What'll be the maiden race for the new bike? What group set you going with?

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [darkhorsetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
darkhorsetri wrote:

Is it me or are those extensions really long??

Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First race is Colorado Sprint Tri on May 31, followed up by Boulder 70.3 two weeks later.

I'm running SRAM Red.

....and responding to getT2T: yes, uncut they are 480mm tip to tip.

Re: show me your DIMOND [karl_a_hall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
karl_a_hall wrote:

Super proud to have worked with Dave at Zipp. One of the brightest guys I know and I couldn't be happier with the bike!

I wish I would have seen these in person before buying a new P5!!! I saw Dimond booth at Oceanside and fell in love with the bike. If someone wants a basically brand new P5 with less than100km on it, I'll buy one of these!
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [k89533720] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So how are you all liking the Dimond bike?
What do you love about it?
What do you dislike about it?
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [gibson00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gibson00 wrote:
So how are you all liking the Dimond bike?
What do you love about it?
What do you dislike about it?

I would love to answer all these questions, but I've really be slacking with getting my build finished. Life and training are getting in the way. I just need to take a few hours and finish it. That said, I love the engineering that went into this frame. I've got a lot of experience in working with carbon (making prototype motorcycle body work for my race bikes) and I was highly impressed when I took a real close look at the insides of the frame.
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [EricLimkemann] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you get your fairing on the bike yet?
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [bujayman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, fairing is on and has been perfect so far. Have it loosely two side taped on and throw on a bit of electrical tape for races to make sure no race-day malfunctions... Probably should have cleaned up the bike before snapping the picture, but you get the idea.

Loving the bike so far after the first thousand miles.

--------------------------------------------------------
machines don't win races, muscles do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finally ready. Complete with fully custom minimized Di2 wiring job that I did.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For those that have been riding their DIMOND for a little while can people give me their impressions so far? I've been considering the DIMOND however as a bigger athlete 180lbs a stiff frame is a must. I had a felt b2 pro that I absolutely would abuse while climbing (you could hear and feel the frame flex while climbing). I've had a p5 for a while and love the stiffness/aero qualities of the bike but quite frankly it's a beast to travel with or work on and is not the lightest bike in the world. Yes I want the best of both worlds; I want a super light frame that is super stiff and climbs very well. So can anybody speak to the following?
1. How is the stiffness of the bike?
2. While climbing do you notice any "give" due to the lack of down tube?
3. How does the weight stack up to the P5?

Yes I'm aware that I could solve the weight issue by eating less sandwhiches....
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [jsamples53] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. Bottom bracket and chainstays are crazy stiff. But I'm only 5'6" and 141lb. putting out about 300w on climbs.
2. None. It is a different feeling at first as the beam has some flex in it that aids in comfort, but the rigidity of the BB and chainstays are what matters when climbing anyhow.
3. Never weighed the bike

I'm completely in love with the bike so far. On a 20 mile loop that I've ridden more times than my Garmin can count, I set a new PR that was 00:01:03 faster than I've ever done the loop on my Shiv. The time savings was nice but after 20 hard miles, I was able to jump into my shoes and run feeling better than I ever have coming off the bike. That is a huge plus for me as I'm used to needing a mile or two to get my legs under me on the run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I never get a good feel for a bike until you actually race it. The first race is this weekend.

Quote | Reply
Thanks that is really helpful.
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [waitebe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's the truth. Id would be very interested to see how it goes. Good luck!!!!
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Jordan, TJ, Jackmott, Jim@ERO, Desertdude, Rruff, Jonnyo and other aero gurus. With the lack of data floating around about the Dimond, may I ask if there is any particular aerobar/basebar (presuming they can be adjusted to the user's fit) that interacts best with the bike? Or does any nonintegrated headset retain its individual aeroness when attached to a Dimond? Considering the Ventus II, Profile Design Aeria, Tririg Alpha/X (depending on availability) and possibly the Zipp cockpits.
Thanks so much in advance for your opinions!
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [aahydraa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not aware of any testing of different cockpits on the bike. I'd be surprised if any was different on the bike than alone though. Ben Waite (waitebe) is the best guy to answer this. He does bar development at Zipp. We worked together on the Vuka Stealth.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got mine two hours ago. Can't stop smiling.

All she needs is some tape and she's ready for QC Tri!

Last edited by: Brytcyd: Jun 15, 15 16:36
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [Brytcyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that is a bad ass paint job
Quote Reply

Prev Next