Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

shiv handle bar
Quote | Reply
Hi Everyone,
I wonder why the below Shiv handle bar look so weird.
Doesn't look like aero at all.
I wonder if I can replace it with a better bar or a bar like the second picture?
Thank you,
Harry
Last edited by: Harry2018: Jan 26, 18 19:27
Quote Reply
Re: shiv handle bar [Harry2018] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The bar in the first picture is the much older handlebar that they use to produce. It got recalled so if you have that handlebar, take it to your specialized dealer so they can get Specialized to switch it out for you. Their newer bar has a much lower stack height.
You can fit any handlebar onto the shiv as long as you have a normal stem. If you are talking about the stem sticking out, the shiv comes with multiple towers to place behind it so that the stem will have an aero fairing behind it.
Quote Reply
Re: shiv handle bar [Charleslo_99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks a lot for the info.
Harry
Quote Reply
Re: shiv handle bar [Harry2018] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is actually a Felt Bayonet bar with Profile Design stem. Check here for details about a recall that may affect the stem you have.
You don't want the bar in your 2nd pic (Shiv TT) it only has two reach positions, 3 for width and can't tilt. Looks fast but won't help you be fast.

You can put pretty much anything on the shiv, if that is your bike you may need to get a fit before you look at changing the bars. A shiv with the bars that high and back is a warning sign.
It could be right if you have a short torso, but worth checking.
Quote Reply