Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

shipping fees to Canada
Quote | Reply
Hello,
I'm considering shipping a carbon frame to Canada, Ottawa to be exact. The bike is currently still together so getting actual dimensions for the box to ship it is a bit tricky, with that being said might someone have a ball park estimate to ship to Canada. I'm on the West Coast.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: shipping fees to Canada [ginofairplay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ginofairplay wrote:
Hello,
I'm considering shipping a carbon frame to Canada, Ottawa to be exact. The bike is currently still together so getting actual dimensions for the box to ship it is a bit tricky, with that being said might someone have a ball park estimate to ship to Canada. I'm on the West Coast.

Thanks

I recently had a TT frameset shipped from California to east coast Canada, and the USPS postage on the box was $75 US.

I find it tends to go more by volume that weight. So if you can guess the box dimensions, probably in the ballpark of 33" x 33" x 10" and 15 pounds, you should be able to go to any of the shipper websites and calculate a cost.

Oh, and how much Canada Customs tags you for, for import taxes and possibly duty, will depend on the value the shipper marks on it....
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Feb 7, 18 10:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a frame shipped from Boulder to Vancouver and it was about $125 CAD (quick, tracked shipping). Box was approx 42" by 24" by 8" and only weighed a couple pounds. I also had to pay duties on the frame, somewhere ~10% of the purchase value listed on the packing slip.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Depending on the shipping cost, an option to look at would be:

MyUSadress.com

Warehouse in Ogdensburg, literally 60 seconds after the customs booth when you cross the border. You have to pay the duty coming back, so if your looking to skirt the system a bit, make 2 payments to the buyer, one is a low number, the second is the rest. Customs will want to see receipt, either PayPal/visa etc..The Canadian customs aren't completely dumb, so if you say you bought a bike for $10 they might investigate a little bit. Other option which I do, is declare full value of product!

They charge a $5 US holding fee for 0-150lbs and will hold it for 365 days, so no rush to get down there. On top of your purchase you are looking at travel + duty + $15 for toll/hold charge.

Depending on the cost of shipping direct to your place it could potentially be a more viable option to ship to ogdensburg.

My parents are coming up to see the grandkids this weekend, and I am hoping they will pop over and grab a crankset I picked up off the classifieds.
If not they don't, and you decide to go that route, I can wait a week and head down and grab the frame as well!

Ask me how much I love my Kiwami LD Aero Trisuit
Quote Reply
Re: shipping fees to Canada [Leavitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are your parents from the Seattle area?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, they are in Ontario!

But if you decide to ship it through the US, to ogdensburg! I can maybe help you out!

Ask me how much I love my Kiwami LD Aero Trisuit
Quote Reply