Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

sTSS factors
Quote | Reply
Today I did 7x 250, at about Z2 with a minute rest in between. The total of the splits gives me ~30 min, or a pace of 1:45/100. But the total time is 36:00. Not sure, but I think my T-pace is based on a hard 1000, right? For me, that's right about 1:50/100 (I tend to do 10x100 on 1:50, and get about 15" rest on the first, and 5 on the last).

The real,question is what to put into Training peaks to calculate sTSS. Is it the effort of the intervals, or the total time? My reading indicates it's based on pace + time. The results are quite different if I include the rest intervals because my total pace for 36:00 drops far from T-pace, and seems more like a NP number from cycling.

But the sTSS also seems really high if I don't add it, since itmlook like I'm doing a full mile above T-pace. Isn't that like saying I rode at FTP for 90min? (Which is, of course, impossible)
Quote Reply
Re: sTSS factors [mpderksen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My apologies for not reading closely before asking a question that was easily found in TP help section

"What is sTSS? Swim Training Stress Score (sTSS) is based on your functional threshold swim pace, total distance covered, and total moving duration (duration not including rest periods). For more on this metric and how it is calculated, please see:
Calculating Swimming Training Stress Score "
Quote Reply
Re: sTSS factors [mpderksen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This site is very useful.

http://www.coachcox.co.uk/2011/03/02/estimating-training-stress-scores-for-swimming/

I proudly DO NOT post my workouts on Facebook!!!
Quote Reply