Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

quick chuckle
Quote | Reply
I have been thinking about doing my first ironman next year and figured I'd do Lake Placid since it's within driving distance. At a race this weekend my wife, who is not very knowledgeable but very supportive of triathloning, overheard a guy saying that Lake Placid is the toughest ironman in North America. After the race she asked me if I could try an easy ironman for my first one before trying Lake Placid. If anyone out there knows of an easy ironman, could you please let me know, it would make my wife feel much better about this. :)
Quote Reply
Re: quick chuckle [Tom H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think there are any "easy" iron distance races, but my first one will be the Pineman race at Deer Creek State Recreation Area, in Mount Sterling Ohio on Sept. 20th. The bike course is quite fast, not to be confused with the old Pineman course, which I understand was very hard. One feature of the Pineman is that they run 4 different races, an Olympic distance, a 1/2 IM, a 3/4 IM and the full IM.

http://www.hfpracing.com

Rilchard
Last edited by: R Isgrigg: Sep 8, 03 6:22
Quote Reply
Re: quick chuckle [Tom H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was told that IM Florida is the flattest and probably the easiest physically, but being so flat, that means staying in the same position on the bike for 5 to 6 hrs might take its toll on you. Looking down a flat road for 26 miles might not be much better either. You can look up the race profiles on any of the Ironman websites and see the elevation differences. Temp and climate might be a factor for you too.

Next year IM Florida will be my first.

jaretj

I think Lake Placid is full for next year anyway.
Last edited by: jaretj: Sep 8, 03 5:50
Quote Reply
Re: quick chuckle [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was really just meant as a funny story. I wasn't really looking for an easy ironman, I just thought it was hilarious that my wife wanted me to do an "easy" one for the first one. I have never heard ANY ironman descibed as easy. Thanks for the reply though.
Quote Reply