Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

questions about Spinscan
Quote | Reply
I was hoping some of you could help me interpret my crazy Spinscan numbers and answer some questions.

My SpinScan #s (SSN):

left = 72, right = 58!

The percentages for wattage distribution:

left = 48%, right = 52

My interpretation is that I have an inefficient right leg but it is doing more of the work. I kick with my right leg and it's ergo more dominant. I have a problem with my right anterior tibialis. It's definitely weak and could use some strengthening. But when I try and work on my SSN for my right, the % gap widens as my right SSN goes to above 70 even more so that that leg is doing even more work. Any suggestions or explanation? Also, should my cleats be positioned the same for each shoe? My right cleat is a little farther forward, which I did out of comfort. I was going to try and fiddle with that and see if moving it back would help.

Thanks,

Bosco
Quote Reply
Re: questions about Spinscan [bosco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is not possible to know which leg is stronger just from spinscan since the right number really represents a combination of right down and left up and the left is vice-versa. A very weak up can make a dominant leg look like the "weaker" leg on spinscan. Happens all the time. I would try some one legged drills looking at the spin scan while you do. That would help you sort out what is going on.

Frank

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Re: questions about Spinscan [bosco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use to have numbers like that, before I discovered I had different lenght cranks 175v170 (writing a nice letter to the LBS that sold me the bike!). I am not kidding, no wonder all the medical experts told me I did not have a leg lenght difference when I swore that I had!