Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

question for roka people: maverick fit
Quote | Reply
just got a maverick elite yesterday and tested it out in an ocean swim this morning. old suit was a blueseventy reaction from 4 or 5 years ago...shoulder flexibility in the roka is SO much better. seems like a really nice suit.

anyway...two questions. first: i'm 5'11'', 143 lbs, and have a small/tall.

1. felt some water going down the back of my neck and also moving through the arms a little. never felt like the suit was filling up with water or anything, but...is this typical? if i streamline with both arms above my head, i can actually feel a gap between my upper back and the suit. i realize i don't swim like that in a tri, but i never really noticed that in my old suit. just wondering if it's a fit / putting on / sizing issue or just the way the suit fits/feels.

2. got a little chafing (nothing horrible) on back of neck and under arms / upper lats. now granted, i was a) not wearing body glide or anything because i was testing the suit, and b) lifting my head to sight more than usual because it was an ocean swim with rolling waves, but...again - just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if it sounds like sizing is off.

i've emailed roka as well. i'm flying out to milwaukee for nationals on thursday and was hoping to take the maverick, but i want to make sure the fit is right first.

thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: question for roka people: maverick fit [climber7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey! My name is Jennifer and I run the customer experience at ROKA. Did we get back with you promptly? Your fit sounds like common first time use questions, but if you need a replacement we can send one up to Milwaukee. Please also feel free to use your normal anti chafe products during the trial period. Let me know if I can help out!
You can reach me at: support@rokasports.com
Quote Reply
Re: question for roka people: maverick fit [Jenpfeifer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hi Jennifer - yes, you replied to my email promptly. going to test it out again tomorrow during the practice swim and see if i can get it adjusted a little better. appreciate the offer to send one here, though! i'll let you know how it goes.
Quote Reply