Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

question about tri bike comfort.
Quote | Reply
I've been putting off buying a dedicated tri bike. But I'm sorely disappointed with my bike splits.

More importantly I'm very sore coming of the bike in T2.
My back hurts bad and I'm wondering would a tri bike ease my pain or increase it?
Quote Reply
Re: question about tri bike comfort. [Cmikul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You haven't given us enough information. We don't know what bike you have, its geometry, your body dimensions, your experience, flexibility, etc etc. It might help if we could see some pictures of you on your current bike. Just getting a "tri" bike won't necessarily solve all or any of your woes. There are many facets to fit (bike fit, that is). "Tri" geometry is generally seen as a good thing for triathletes, but there are also many interpretations of "tri" geometry, depending on who you ask.
Quote Reply
Re: question about tri bike comfort. [gregk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not mentally or emotionally prepared to take tha abuse that I would have to endure if I were to post a picture of myself on MY bike on this forum.

I would need psychiatric help for years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like you need a good bike fit more than a new bike. After I got a fitting, my back pain stopped.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, then give the most information you're willing to give. We have nothing to go on here.
Quote Reply
Re: question about tri bike comfort. [gregk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, you're right you would really need to see me on the bike.

I don't think it's my bike as it has been fitted and well.

I think it's the 3 herniated discs I have in my lower back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try a suspension bike of some form. TitanFlex is one with an elegantly simple design. Softride is another good one, but, it's more mechanically complicated. Either may successfully address your pain issue immediately. If you get a Softride and aren't mechanically inclined, make sure you get it from a local shop. If you get a TitanFlex and aren't mechanically inclined, you'll be just fine, it's that simple to adjust.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply