Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

question about a specialized roubaix sl4 pro disc bike
Quote | Reply
Hello,
I'm considering a specialized roubaix sl4 pro disc brake bike. I'd like to know as an older rider.

Will this bike be a stiff ride, not comfortable?

As mentioned an older rider who rides for exercise and like to put in 40+ mile rides weekly.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: question about a specialized roubaix sl4 pro disc bike [ginofairplay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's the most comfortable "race" bike that Specialized makes. If you run 28mm tires at lower pressure with this bike, you should be all set.

EDIT: I will add that the Specialized Diverge, with 40mm tires would probably be even more plush of a ride. So that is something to consider. Though the Diverge is heavier.
Last edited by: nightfend: Jan 26, 18 13:01
Quote Reply
Re: question about a specialized roubaix sl4 pro disc bike [nightfend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you kindly. If the roubaix falls through I will give serious consideration for the Diverge.
Quote Reply
Re: question about a specialized roubaix sl4 pro disc bike [ginofairplay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get a new Roubaix, even the cheapest model will provide a better ride than the older SL4, probably doesn't cost any more ($1900 list price), comes with a great warranty, won't have chips and scratches, and the dealer will fit you on it and will be a treasure trove of info when you need to know something. There simply isn't much of a reason to buy an older bike these days, given the competitive price and technology the newer bikes encompass. That $1900 new Roubaix even has the new front suspension headset just like it's more expensive siblings. The 'Expert" model has the CG-R seatpost which has more suspension but you could always add this to any model later (if you want to). If you decide later biking is not for you, it's easier to sell a more recent model and an older one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd also check out the Cervelo C-series bikes. I looked at the Roubaix and rented one in Kona for a day, and ultimately ended up buying a C5. The Cervelo is every bit as comfortable without all the complexity of the future shock. Personally, I think that 99% of the 'comfort' on these bikes comes from the 28c tires.
Quote Reply
Re: question about a specialized roubaix sl4 pro disc bike [el gato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny you say that. I just purchased a Cervelo C3 and got a 58cm. Sadly it's too big and now I'm trying to sell it. Thanks for opinion I appreciate it.
Quote Reply