Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

proform boston marathon edition treadmill
Quote | Reply
Does anybody have experience with this treadmill? I like the google maps features and the treadmill automatically adjusting to the incline or decline of the route you map out.

Are there other treadmills with this feature that you can recommend?
Quote Reply
Re: proform boston marathon edition treadmill [ctkeebler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Nordic Track treadmill and it has the same feature where I can run anywhere on the earth that Google has mapped. I can draw a course anywhere and the incline is matched. Also the screen matches the road with immages from Google earth. It is pretty cool. in the middle of winter in Maine I can run in places I used to run in New York CA or Arizona.
Quote Reply
Re: proform boston marathon edition treadmill [Jamie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Whats the model so I can compare the two.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The model I have is 3 years old. BUT this is the current offering that is the closest to what I have.

http://www.nordictrack.com/...e-9500-pro-treadmill
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I was looking at that after your post. Just trying to figure out which is a better treadmill. Both have similar warranty. I cant see either in person as I dont have a local store that sells them.

Do you happen to know the height of the deck? Im looking to see the measurement from the floor to the top of the running deck. Just want to check ceiling clearance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it is maybe 10"???

I will put a tape on mine and let you know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
10 3/4 inches is the height of the belt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for taking the time to measure
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No problem, good luck treadmill shopping. For what it is worth I have used that treadmill for 3 years and between me and my wife we have put nearly 3K in miles on it. No problems.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am considering purchasing a ProForm Boston and would appreciate feedback from anyone who has purchased one. I've considered several models and like the fact that this offers a decline where many others don't. There are only two models on the ProForm website, 3.0 and 4.0 but have noticed a 2.0 on several other sites. Difference in price is $2999 for the 4.0, $2499 for the 3.0 and $1999 for the 2.0. The only significant difference I can see from the 3 and 4 to the 2.0 is the size of the screen (10" vs 7").
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jamie wrote:
I have a Nordic Track treadmill and it has the same feature where I can run anywhere on the earth that Google has mapped. I can draw a course anywhere and the incline is matched. Also the screen matches the road with immages from Google earth. It is pretty cool. in the middle of winter in Maine I can run in places I used to run in New York CA or Arizona.

Dont you have to pay the iFit $99 a year subscription fee to have this feature? I have a NordicTrack as well, but have never used this feature, since I am too cheap to pay for the subscription.

Jeff Abbott - @run1fast
jabbott@headsweats.com
Headsweats - Custom Team singlets $8 / Cycling Jerseys $25
Abbott Event Solutions - Brand Rep and Event Manager
Quote Reply
Re: proform boston marathon edition treadmill [abbottj123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I don't think it is quite $99 a year. I let is lapse in the summer and renew it for 4 months in the winter when we are stuck inside.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you know if the treadmill will allow you to upload that workout on that course to Strava?
Quote Reply
Re: proform boston marathon edition treadmill [homeloans365] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, I don't know.
Quote Reply