Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

numb toes 5 days later
Quote | Reply
Just finished my first full distance Vineman...4th toe on each foot still numb/tingly. Had the issue while biking but this many days later tripping me out. Aside from getting new shoes and fitting, an advice for the short term cure?
Quote Reply
Re: numb toes 5 days later [pherath] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, see a doctor, that is not normal.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: numb toes 5 days later [pherath] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had something similar back in the winter, days and days of numbness in two toes on my left foot. I had done a January century ride and foolishly rode wearing an extra pair of thick wool socks. I didn't see a doctor, but instead diagnosed myself with having compressed a nerve in my foot, symptoms which are very similar to a condition known as Morton's Neuroma. The numbness went away eventually, but it took many days, perhaps more than a week (I don't remember). I immediately changed my cycling shoes (because I had a new pair on hand). When cycling for the next six weeks I had to be careful not to stand on the pedals or it would aggravate the nerve. For me t was gone entirely in roughly that six to eight week timeframe, and I have hardly thought about it since.
Quote Reply