Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

new tire- is she stuffed?
Quote | Reply
Just got some conti gp400s ll's from wiggle.
Upon opening this is what i have. Little spotfires of the casing seems to be coming apart? Am i right to assume i shouldnt mount this bastard and send it back for a refund or will this tire survive?
[URL=http://s1322.photobucket.com/...zps912902c7.jpg.html][/url]
Quote Reply
Re: new tire- is she stuffed? [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would it ever give you a problem, I'm guessing probably not. Does it increase the odds of a failure, which could result in a harmful crash, I'm guessing definitely yes. I would get it replaced.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Send it back, not even a debate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That looks like the bead not the casing! I've never seen this on a new tire before. I'd also suggest returning the tire(s).
Last edited by: SummitAK: Oct 20, 14 23:12
Quote Reply
Re: new tire- is she stuffed? [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was one tire from a twin pack, the other is ok, but ill send em both back. I never had this before either
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That fiber has the look of Kevlar, which is what I believe the bead is on these tires, not something I'd want to mess with being damaged when it is subjected to 120+psi.
Quote Reply
Re: new tire- is she stuffed? [LOW2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOW2000 wrote:
That fiber has the look of Kevlar, which is what I believe the bead is on these tires, not something I'd want to mess with being damaged when it is subjected to 120+psi.

^^^^This. It's the kevlar bead....that tire is toast.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply