Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

long femur fit tips
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to dial in my fit and am struggling with the fact that I have long femurs. Are the general tips for how to get a Dan style position with long femurs? the 2 options I see are to live with the fact that I tend to scoot up the saddle to try to support myself skelatally (or train myself to just stay back) or widen my elbow pads so that my knees fit inbetween my elbows. I'm riding at about 81.5 degrees with 15.5 - 16cm of drop from saddle to elbow pad.

other ideas? thanks
Quote Reply
Re: long femur fit tips [brad in WA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just curious, what saddle do you for this position?
Quote Reply
Re: long femur fit tips [pdxjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
have the same problem. the solution proposed to prevent banging the elbow pads would seem to work (i.e. longer stem, shorter aero bars), but my problem is that I hit my ELBOWS with my knees. the solution I found was just to live with the fact that I could not get my upper arm-torso angle at 90deg. It's just slightly more obtuse than that but the discomfort is not major.

Kim
Quote Reply
Re: long femur fit tips [pdxjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fi:zi'k alliante, which I love. my lbs had a good selection of saddles and I picked out several and tried them on their trainer. the alliante has a good amount of padding all the way to the tip of the nose, and just fit me better than the san marco. I also liked it's clean classic lines, no seams or writing on the cover. I got the Ti railed version, I'm not sure you could get a saddle mounted hydration carrier on the carbon rails, though I sometimes think of trying.

saddles are, of course, a very personal decision.

on the femur length issue, I couldn't help but notice in pictures from world's that David Millar was riding with his knees inside his elbows at the end.
Quote Reply
Re: long femur fit tips [brad in WA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have this problem as well. Slid my saddle back to 77 degrees then 76 and now about 75.5. One problem solved but another cropped up. I kept getting faster as I slid back, not so much my problem but someone else's.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply