Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

lezyne y10 super gps (enhanced) and indoor riding
Quote | Reply
I am about to pull the plug on one given the price point vs an older edge 500 - pairing to my 4iiii pm. I did not find anything on line about it needing speed sensors if to used indoors? I ride almost 100% indoors and lezyne`s rep has yet to respond if i need to buy a speed sensor to be able to use it indoors? also no way to turn off the gps when indoors?

"Pain is NOT temporary,you remember every bit of it"
Quote Reply
Re: lezyne y10 super gps (enhanced) and indoor riding [dennism] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a y10 Micro GPS and I recently updated the firmware to the latest version. I did a quick 5 minute test and it appears that it was able to record power from my stages without a speed sensor, though strava couldn't calculate an average power (maybe Golden Cheetah can?). Before, I would have to use the "Lap" button to calculate an average power for an interval. It would display current and lap power, but it wouldn't record it!

Shame you don't do much riding outside as the GPS quality of the Lezyne is much better than my previous Edge 500.
Last edited by: pknight: May 26, 17 13:56
Quote Reply
Re: lezyne y10 super gps (enhanced) and indoor riding [pknight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh at least they have improved on it. The battery life and being able to charge it while riding caught my eye. Looking into an everesting challenge soon, more rides outside as well. đŸ˜¬
How is the barometer on it? Any issues on elevation readings?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am not sure about the Lezyne but my wife and I have used a Wahoo Elemnt, a Cateye Stealth 50, and a Cycleops Joule. All of them use a speed sensor (on the trainer) and I suspect yours will need one too.

Rich
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Curious... why do you want to know speed on the trainer??
Quote Reply
Re: lezyne y10 super gps (enhanced) and indoor riding [Donzo98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Donzo98 wrote:
Curious... why do you want to know speed on the trainer??

Not really relevant for me but i was told by their rep indoor riding I need a speed/cadence sensor which i am verifying again.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an SRM... also a crank based PM.

I do not need a speed/cadence sensor to read cadence or power. Cadence is read from the crank based PM.

I'm thinking you don't either. If you care about speed... you would likely need one.
Quote Reply
Re: lezyne y10 super gps (enhanced) and indoor riding [Donzo98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think its to get the actual head unit to run - is where you'll need the sensor. I am not sure as well as i have asked their rep why the need for sensors, will timer not run if this is the case? No way as well to turn off the gps when indoors

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dennism wrote:
I think its to get the actual head unit to run - is where you'll need the sensor. I am not sure as well as i have asked their rep why the need for sensors, will timer not run if this is the case? No way as well to turn off the gps when indoors

As long as the PM is BT or ANT+, which of course it is, it will be recognized by the head unit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an enhanced Y10 super gps. If you want speed you need a speed sensor, same as any head unit. But it can be ant+ or blue tooth. If you just want power then no speed sensor needed. If your pm gives cadence then it will show cadence.

If your riding indoors and it doesn't pick up a gps signal it will ask if you want to continue without gps.

All in all a very solid unit for the price point. I only have two minor gripes - it will only show a max of 4 data fields per page (but you get to set up 4 or 5 pages), and the user navigation is not as intuitive as garmin so will take a bit of getting used to.
Quote Reply
Re: lezyne y10 super gps (enhanced) and indoor riding [Dufflite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Same issue as well on the 4 lines of data but can't go wrong with the battery life and price point for an ant/bt head unit. Currently using my 920xt and used an old edge 500 while i wait for the lezyne. Appreciate the feedback.

Quote Reply