Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

large steep seat angle bike
Quote | Reply
Looking for a bike/frame that is large (I am 6'4"), with a steep seat angle, like 80 degrees. Does anyone know who makes that?

"mt evans in 2:07:33"
Quote Reply
Re: large steep seat angle bike [hoehler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A Softride in XL or a 61cm Cervelo are probably your best bets in a production bike. If you don't like either of those, you can go custom like I am getting ready to do.

Unfortunately, most of the larger production frames are only available in ~76 degree seat angles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The top tube is going to be the limiting factor for you. Since any stock frame is going to come at 78 degrees, or less, you're going to need to have the seat all the way forward to get 80 degrees. Depending on your torso length that could necessitate an overly long stem.

I agree with the previous poster that cervelo and softride are probably your best bets for a stock bike, but you should consider a custom bike. I'm 6'6" and ended up going with a custom Yaqui. I'm very pleased with the results, and cost wasn't much more then a stock bike would have been.

scott
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unfortunatley, the best bike made for your situation was discontinued in 1998. It was the Klein Aeolus and my 63 cm frame has a 62.5 cm (c-c) top tube, which is more than enough for even the freakiest of gentlemen. Superlight, great welds, super stiff. Nothing like a klein, they just don't make a tri frame anymore (thanks trek). Not that I'm leading you into it, but I do still have my frame in great shape and would part with it for a very reasonable amount (I ride a p3 now). let me know if interested (barba(iwillkillifspamcomethmyway)@meredith.edu, remove the parenthetical and email will come).
Quote Reply