Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

lace 24hole Zipp to 28 hole powertap
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if I can get a 24hole Zipp wheel laced to a 28 Hole powertap. I already have the powertap.
If it helps - I am very light weight
Quote Reply
Re: lace 24hole Zipp to 28 hole powertap [sidelined] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
even if there was a way, it would not be recommended... i wouldn't do it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ive contemplated that, but don't think it wise. If anything an 8 hole difference just might work out (4 holes on each side of hub skipped) but I havnt and probably wont try it. in your case you'd be skipping two holes per side and I dont think there's any way for that to balance out.

Id say no go on this one :/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Surprised no one said this already - get a nice aluminum rim (HED Belgium, Kinlin XC279) and a disc cover.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Contact saris and get them to swap the hub guts to a 24 hole- or call Rich at wheelbuilder.com. If there is a way he will know how to do it.
Last edited by: tailgunner: Jul 21, 14 16:02
Quote Reply
Re: lace 24hole Zipp to 28 hole powertap [tailgunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok thanks -i,ll check tbese out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cannot remember if zipp's are directionally drilled, but the best I could think is to lace it 12:12 crowsfoot and align the 2 diametrically-opposed skipped spoke holes on each side 90 degrees from each other flange wise.

14:10 DS:NDS, but there'd be no nice way to lace that sucker without 400 different spoke lengths and mixed crossing.

In other words. Bad idea.

A 32 hole hub plays much much better with unconventional lacing patterns (either 16:8 or 12:12 crowsfoot, skipping every fourth), but 24h 2x both sides with heavier spokes on the DS is the best recourse.

The question of who is right and who is wrong has seemed to me always too small to be worth a moment's thought, while the question of what is right and what is wrong has seemed all-important.

-Albert J. Nock
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sidelined wrote:
Does anyone know if I can get a 24hole Zipp wheel laced to a 28 Hole powertap. I already have the powertap.
If it helps - I am very light weight

Flo sells their 30mm rim for 80$. They have 20, 24, 28, and32 spoke rims. No brainier there. Zipp 101s were more than 1000$ with no PowerTap.
Quote Reply