Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

kinvara sockless?
Quote | Reply
I've had no problem running sockless in Saucony Mirage 4 and Peregrine 2. I just got a pair of the mighty Saucony Kinvara 5 and sockless I get blisters on the outside of my little toes and on my instep behind the ball of my foot. It only takes a few miles to happen, and I'm using baby powder like I always do. Besides this I really like the shoes, I'd like to continue racing in them if I can.

Is it just a hard-to-predict mismatch between me and this shoe?
Are there common mistakes I might have made that contribute to it that I might fix?
Perhaps Kinvara 4 or 6 is better sockless?

Thanks
Alex
Last edited by: alexabbas: May 4, 15 19:45
Quote Reply
Re: kinvara sockless? [alexabbas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To me they are not designed to run sockless, too many hot spots.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I run up to Olympic distance sockless in my Kinvara 5 and never had any problems. I wear socks if running longer than that. I think the 5's are more comfortable sockless than the 4's.
Quote Reply
Re: kinvara sockless? [Studd Muffin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Body Glide - you're welcome
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had success with the Kinvara sockless, including up to a half ironman. I don't use any baby powder or body glide, but I did have a few spots that rubbed by the end of the race. Didn't impact my pace at all, and those hot spots were pretty minor. Could just be foot/gait dependent.

Now, they're not nearly as comfy as the Zoots, but I like them better as an overall shoe.

-Andrew
Quote Reply