Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

kangen water(alkakine water)
Quote | Reply
is this a hoax or is it for real? I mountain bike with a good friend and he swears by it. We will go for a 2-3 hr mountain bike ride in the summer and he will not even drink a whole water bottle and I will empty a full bladder of water. The machines seem very pricey if this is just a hoax. does anyone have any experience with this?
Quote Reply
Re: kangen water(alkakine water) [georgehooterbkr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scam
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I mountain bike with a good friend and he swears by it.

Well, there you have it.

Does this buddy of yours also sell the machines or bottles of the water?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a machine but my holographic bracelet kept de-ionizing my water...or something
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your stomach is at a Ph of around 2, exactly how long do you think this water is staying alkaline in your system?

Professional Athlete: http://jordancheyne.wordpress.com/ http://www.strava.com/athletes/145340

Coaching Services:http://www.peakformcoaching.com/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The brand/company looks pseudosciencey. However, it wouldn't be surprising if antacids affected performance, especially considering acidosis is an effect of exercise.

Quick search actually reveals some work in the area. So there're readings if you're interested

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/...sports%20performance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fake but for $1500 they will sell you a filter and you can find that out for yourself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: kangen water(alkakine water) [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, he has no affiliation with selling the equipment but he would be a great spokesperson.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was a controller for an alkaline water startup for a couple months. I can't name the brand. I wouldn't call it a scam as much as a product whose benefits have taken on a life of their own. It cannot be any more alkaline than 8.8 on the ph scale. Some use natural sources where as others use chemicals to make it alkaline. We used pink Himalayan salt. We had scientific research to support our loose claims but it was entirely industry funded and not supported by independent third party testing. There is little testing outside of the industry but what little there is suggest few benefits. Contrary to our research which was loaded with mays, maybe, might, some support, limited evidence suggest, etc.

On a personal note , it did have a different fast which some may find better than regular water. And I have a mouth that tends to get acid ict throughout the day so t did counter that.

At the end of the day it is a product created for an industry that funds little r&d looking for the next big thing. Twenty other companies like mine had the same goal of being bought by coke or Pepsi.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: kangen water(alkakine water) [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 1990's called and want to sell you oxygenated water.

Maybe if we can combine alkaline water with oxygenated water we can create a new superwater, just like some of the super foods acai berries, goji berries and wheat grass shots.
Quote Reply
Re: kangen water(alkakine water) [nickag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't say I believed in the product. It was just another potential big payday for me. I didn't drive I it outside office hours. And even had to fill empties of the product to drink regular water.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: kangen water(alkakine water) [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I make my own, use baking soda. Also preventss smelly water bottles

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Re: kangen water(alkakine water) [Hydrosloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I mentioned something similar when I came on. I was told sodium carbonate was an unnatural chemical and ours was free of it. I learned then not to question the "science".

Shame the thing didn't work out. We couldn't fill the millions in dollars of orders because the two partners who started the company took on some expensive debt early on hoping to have sold the company before the bills came due. By the time I came on, the product was selling well regionally but we had orders canceling from Major grocers because we could t afford raw materials or transport to all of them.

Quote Reply
Re: kangen water(alkakine water) [tovi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: kangen water(alkakine water) [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FTW. Holographic cock rings designed for drinking your own pee by deamoniating it (gonna have to pay Bear Grylls about 70% of the profits) are gonna be the next big thing. Think of the bladders already inside some shivs and the penalties for peeing on course (esp after we start paying them to enforce them). Send me three payment of 29.95 to get in on the ground level.
Quote Reply
Re: kangen water(alkakine water) [adambeston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would not say it is a scam, but I would say it is a huge waste of money.

Basically your water should be free from heavy metals, chemicals and toxic substances. With that in mind, any machine or method to remove these and give you clean water is not exactly a scam. But you don't need to spend a fortune on it.

Also, once you do have clean water - it might still not be the best. Our water is a food, it should contain minerals. For example distilled water to natural spring water is to what white sugar is to spinach. Water should be a transport medium for nutrients. Plain water will just give your kidneys a good workout and won`t hydrate the cells of the body very effectively.

The best solution would be to get yourself a few glass jugs, then locate a natural spring (www.findaspring.com). This water will like contain many trace minerals (after running through the ground) but you can always increase the mineral content with something like concentrace drops, or a pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speaking of making clean water that is not a scam, I saw this doc yesterday on netflix and the whole story is quite amazing.
Documentary trailer:

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Imagine the possibilities if one were to put Asea water though this!
Quote Reply