Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
just arrived. ...TriRig Alpha X
Quote | Reply
Well, a little while ago I found my self wanting to lower my bars on my P4 and (apparently) having some extra money burning a hole in my pocket. ...Well today, the new Alpha X bars arrived. At first glance, It looks like it was worth the wait:).

Quote Reply
Re: just arrived. ...TriRig Alpha X [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When did you order?

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Re: just arrived. ...TriRig Alpha X [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Either end of April or beginning of May
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool. Photos once installed amigo!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
do you mind to send a picture of the BTA mount before get installed? thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's going to be a long wait until march. Fortunately I only have a few races early season.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks great. Now we just need Nick to get the stem done so that I can finish my build.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only thing that sucks about the classic model that still remain on this one is the massive pads. I get why Nick does it--for the adjustability of those holes, but I really don't love the lack of 'cup' in my forearms and the range of motion movement the expansive nature of the pads allows. He should offer a couple different versions, and integrate the limitations on reach and width limitations on his way cool fit tool. I'm using 3T cups right now on the alpha classic, but it's harder for me to know exactly how using those with the new version will impact the flexibility.
Quote Reply
Re: just arrived. ...TriRig Alpha X [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The arm cups / pads do look massive! The greater surface area could be a positive feature, but I agree that it likely would do too much in the way of cupping the arms.

I'll give them a shot. If they don't work for me, I have a set of HED butterfly cups that I really like.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Merry xmas to you!
Quote Reply
Re: just arrived. ...TriRig Alpha X [Mat-USA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's a pic of the BTA mount!

Quote Reply
Re: just arrived. ...TriRig Alpha X [Mac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the classics and I am happy with the armrests being larger as they provide a great support. I do have to admit I love my HED armrests as well.

I really like how these look in your bike. Nice and clean.
Quote Reply
Re: just arrived. ...TriRig Alpha X [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just from a brief feel of the pads, i like the large surface area. ...but time will tell.

I've always been a fan of the 'clean' look (and your bikes have always had that clean and light look down!).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
can you just post links to the pics, so we can see the pics bigger?

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the attention to details and making everything clean looking. My cars, bikes, house and anything else I can modify to make it cleaner looking.

You have done a great job at cleaning up this bike.
Quote Reply
Re: just arrived. ...TriRig Alpha X [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was cold out today, so I didn't take much time for pics. I could take others if there is something specific you need to see.

[URL=http://s557.photobucket.com/...zpsimexgpbl.jpg.html][/url]

[URL=http://s557.photobucket.com/...zpsb8legquy.jpg.html][/url]

[URL=http://s557.photobucket.com/...zpsns7ssmt5.jpg.html][/url]

[URL=http://s557.photobucket.com/...zpsc5qzqkoy.jpg.html][/url]

[URL=http://s557.photobucket.com/...zpscxjrwhmc.jpg.html][/url]

[URL=http://s557.photobucket.com/...zpslxex02vw.jpg.html][/url]
Last edited by: beston: Dec 24, 15 5:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks. thats a great build. is that the new tririg brake? or the original version?

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks.

It's the original version. I know he's made a few revisions on the brake, but the original seems to work good enough for me. ...I also seem to be fine with the P4 rear brake, so clearly my expectations aren't that high!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the exact same setup, but mine worked like shît, so I sold the P4, bought a P5, sold the P5 now thinking about buying a P3.

Ah triathlon and the money I spend on it... Smile

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah yes! I'm lucky enough to have been able to buy used / hunt for deals and save a lot of money that way. ...But if you factor in the amount of time I spent looking for stuff and working on my bikes, I have a HUGE investment in this hobby. I haven't had the desire to upgrade as I seem to fit the 'long and low' type of geometry well, and most current bikes seem to fall into more of the 'short and tall' variety.
Last edited by: beston: Dec 23, 15 18:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks awesome. But, if you are open to suggestions, you need to get a flo disc to balance it out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How are your shifter cables routed from the extensions through the bars and then the stem? I think I know from the pics of just the base bar, but if you get a chance to take a photo that explains it, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: just arrived. ...TriRig Alpha X [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Been there, tried that, wished it fit.

Unfortunately, the 'bulge' on most discs rub agains the brake bosses (mounting area). This was true for the Flo Disc, Hed Jet disc (19mm version), and Zipp 900 (aluminum brake track). Usually the rubbing was during climbing or when putting more power down

I had also tried;
- Zipp 900 tubular disc. It worked, but I'm not a fan of tubular.
- Renn 575 disc. It was flexy and rubbed the brake pads up hills.

I gave the Renn 555 a try and it worked like a charm. The only downside is that the rear wheel doesn't match the front. It's a shame, but it works.
Quote Reply

Prev Next