Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

is anyone using Zipps R2c shifters
Quote | Reply
Please let me know how you feel If you have experience with these Shifters
Quote Reply
Re: is anyone using Zipps R2c shifters [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just some quick thoughts... The old Zipps were only 10-speed, if that is important. They have since been re-branded as SRAM. And, I think I have read, but not confirmed, that the current SRAM RTC 11-speed shifters are not compatible with Shimano.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have them on my old P3. Hey do the job but don't have a great "feel" when you click them. I had to have the internals reworked as one just stopped shifting altogether. They look kinda cool and say Zipp on them and maybe save .5 watt. Otherwise I probably wouldn't purchase these again.

Cheers,

thechromedome
http://www.favoritefinishlines.blogspot.com
http://www.cupcakecartel.org
My 20% off code for 2018 FS Series races: tricred18
"there are no drafters in heaven" - C Bonner
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a pair in the pre-Di2 era to replace the old school Dura Ace bar end shifters which I always hated. While I definitely liked the r2c ergonomics better, they did develop some play within the levers in a short period of time (a couple of months IIRC) which resulted in imprecise shifting. Keep in mind these were purchased shortly after they were made available, so SRAM/Zipp may have (likely did) fixed those problems since then.

I went to Di2 shortly afterward and never looked back! On my 3rd Di2 bike now. Would recommend looking at electronic shifting if making shifter decisions now, esp. if ergonmics are important to you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the Zipp VukaShift R2Cs on my P4 for a number of years. They failed on me without warning in the middle of IMLT and I had to ride about 50 miles with no shifting on my RD. So yeah... super awesome.

Rebuilt the internals and didn't have problems again, but I never really trusted them after that and had heard several disparaging remarks from mechanics about them over the years. If I were to get another TT bike that had mechanical shifting I would just get normal bar end shifters. There is nothing world changing enough about R2C worth adding an additional potential point of failure to your bike in my opinion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a set on my older QR CD.01.
Work fine. The one thing I found I was missing originally (before I got used to my Di2 setup on my new tri bikes) was the visual indication on where I was in the cassette. I spilled coming out of T1 going uphill right out of the gate at an Olympic because I left it in way too hard a gear. My fault, but it happened when they were new to me.
Quote Reply
Re: is anyone using Zipps R2c shifters [ilsapproach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a like new pair for sale if you want to try them :) 10 speed mechanical. I switched to shimano and have had those on my bike for years...no issues.
Quote Reply
Re: is anyone using Zipps R2c shifters [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll keep it in mind
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not Zipp, but I've had the SRAM R2C levers for 4 years now and I find them very good. Slick action. I always douse them in GT85 after any sweaty ride i.e. summer or the trainer, to keep the mechanism in good health.

29 years and counting
Quote Reply