Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

iPhone as a Bike Computer - Which App?
Quote | Reply
Been experimenting using my iPhone as my cyclometer/head unit, but haven't found a great app for this. Recommendations ST?

Requirements:
Supports Bluetooth LE accessories (speed, cadence, hr, power)
GPS/Map (like to have)
Displays Current Speed, Cadence, HR and Power

I tried Strava, but the small display and lack of current speed is a dealbreaker.
RunKeeper won't support cadence, power and non-GPS speed.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: iPhone as a Bike Computer - Which App? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ibike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wahoo Fitness
Quote Reply
Re: iPhone as a Bike Computer - Which App? [krez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, looks like this is the most flexible one.

Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In doing this, just keep an eye on your battery consumption. Granted I have an older iPhone but still the GPS-based apps tend to consume battery. Just be aware of it and have a plan for longer rides. You don't want to need your phone to call for help and not have juice.

Pete Githens
Reading, PA
Quote Reply
Re: iPhone as a Bike Computer - Which App? [Mr. October] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mr. October wrote:
In doing this, just keep an eye on your battery consumption. Granted I have an older iPhone but still the GPS-based apps tend to consume battery. Just be aware of it and have a plan for longer rides. You don't want to need your phone to call for help and not have juice.

Thanks.

I'm using a 4s, and get ~2hrs. with the screen and GPS going.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like cyclemeter by abvio. I *believe* it was the first app that worked with all the wahoo devices
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
Mr. October wrote:

Thanks.

I'm using a 4s, and get ~2hrs. with the screen and GPS going.

You could always turn the screen off at certain times when you don't need the info in your face. I know that when I'm going straight on flat roads, I don't really need the odo to tell me what I'm doing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wahoo has great exporting capabilities. I recently tried out iMobileIntervals, but have had a few issues with it (losing connection with my RFLKT+, will not connect to garmin connect) and cannot recommend spending money on it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Motion X GPS
Quote Reply