Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

how to tell when time for new running shoes
Quote | Reply
I rotate between two pairs a shoes, altra the one and escalante, both have over 300 miles on them. I recently starting increasing miles, including doubles, and should end up around 95 miles this week, previous high being 88. have had mild calf tightness the past couple days, not anything too serious but not something ive experienced before either. was wondering if that's a sign to get new shoes, or is there a tell tale sign of when its time to replace.
Quote Reply
Re: how to tell when time for new running shoes [bfinz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IME, nothing beats "feel." 300mi/500km is certainly more than reasonable time to replace shoes. If you think it's time, it's time. I go by some combination of feel, appearance (do they look worn out?), and mileage.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are running 95 mpw, you will either want to stretch the amount you get out of each pair of shoes, or find some that last longer than 300 miles!
Spending $200 a month on running shoes will suck!

Many a good Kenyan runner runs in shoes until they literally fall apart, and they seem to do okay.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I replace mine when the uppers start coming apart.

Normally 500 to 700 miles but I like crushed shoes.
Quote Reply
Re: how to tell when time for new running shoes [NUFCrichard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NUFCrichard wrote:
If you are running 95 mpw, you will either want to stretch the amount you get out of each pair of shoes, or find some that last longer than 300 miles!
Spending $200 a month on running shoes will suck!

Many a good Kenyan runner runs in shoes until they literally fall apart, and they seem to do okay.

Yes, but most Kenyan runners also run pretty much exclusively on dirt. If you run trails/dirt/bark/gravel/etc, you can put a lot more mileage on your shoes without risk than if you run on the road...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I track my shoes in Garmin and replace them at no more than 350 miles. I have found over the years that my knees and ankles get sore when I exceed around 350 miles on a pair of shoes.
Quote Reply