Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

how to get forward
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to get a few more degrees on my seat position. Right now I'm riding a 2001 Specialized Allez Comp, compact frame, size 60. Since it is a compact frame, I need a long seat post, 350mm or so. To get a few degrees forward I put on a Thompson Fastback and turned it around to push me up. I then pushed my seat up as far as it would go on the rails.

I think I'm riding at 75 degrees or so. I'd like to get a few more. The Profile Fastforward won't get me there because the post isn't long enough for my bike. I thought about putting on an M2Racer thing, but I fear with my size (6'3", 190 lbs) it would creak and bend too much.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
Adam
Quote Reply
Re: how to get forward [adampom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with the M2 Racer. I have one that my wife bought me fo X-mas as a novelty. It's great theory but it does seem a bit flimsy and I'm smaller than you are. I tried it on my TCR road bike and was a bit disappointed, not in the concept, but because it creaked and rolled a bit. Also I couldn't really adjust it on the fly that well.

You should really ask if it is really wise to go much more forward than you are already on a compact road frame without maing it feel too front heavy. The Giant TCR, Specialized, Cervelo Soloist all lend themselves well to a "multi-sport" 75/76 degree position but when I tried putting my TCR much more forward than that it didn't quite feel right on descending or cornering or windy conditions. If you live/race in a flat strait windless area it would work I suppose.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cerveloguy knows what he's talking about. I had more problems than he did when I tried to get my TCR forward...it doesn't handle as well. You may have to decide whether or not you really want to go further forward...and if the answer is yes...good news! You might get to look at a new bike!

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Adam,

If you are the one in Chapel Hill, drop me a message at richardr@triathlete.com as I may be selling my QR tribike and I am 6'1-6'2 (and in Durham)

Richard
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got your message but e-mail I send to you keeps bouncing back.
Quote Reply
Re: how to get forward [Richard R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My email address is: adampom@email.unc.edu and I should be able to get messages there. If I don't hear from you, no worries.

Adam
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i had the same problem. these are great:

www.x-lite.com/7075.htm
www.x-lite.com/matrix.htm

they are long and VERY adjustable. they work equally well set back or set forward. you could point the saddle upwards with these things if you wanted to! got mine in the UK - not sure about availability in the USA.

agree with some of the other posts. i tried the getting forward thing on my TCR and ditched it.

full on roadie at the mo!
Quote Reply