Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

hey ANOTHER critique my fit
Quote | Reply
Did Challenge AC this past weekend and had a great time. PR'd by over 30min. Looking at the pics (I plan on buying one just have not decided so dont hate on the pic) it looks like I could be a touch more aero without sacrificing much. I have had this position for just about 1 year it's comfortable. I have an 80mm stem with -16deg rise, I am thinking of trying a -25deg to get lower in the front as my pads dont go any lower.

Couple questions; this sound reasonable? If I go with a lower rise stem should I stick with 80mm? Its lower so do I go shorter?

Appreciate any thoughts, realize the pic is pixelated.

"Base training is bull shit" - desertdude
Quote Reply
Re: hey ANOTHER critique my fit [thirstygreek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're not bad overall, but you are really on step 1 of tri bike fitting. Learn to rotate at the hips. If you do that your cockpit distance will probably be more agreeable and you can likely drop the front a bunch of cm. Until you do that you are playing around with sub standard fundamentals.

The only caveat I would add is that is one pretty crappy pic.
Quote Reply
Re: hey ANOTHER critique my fit [thirstygreek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Better to take a proper side on series of images, with pedals at 3 o'clock, 6 o'clock and 12 o'clock.
All on a trainer under load suggest Tempo effort min, moderate cadence (90rpm)..
Also in your race kit.. (particularly for helmet alignment etc)

Also for yourself you ought to video your hips from the rear in the position and from directly above..
You are looking for stability and control through your cycle.. .ie not dropping a hip, rotating one side forward, or rocking etc..

Also seeing as you are interested in fit, suggest reading he following articles so you are clear on what you are aiming for..
https://www.stevehoggbikefitting.com/articles/

All the best.

Quote Reply
Re: hey ANOTHER critique my fit [Dave Luscan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave,
what does rotate at the hips mean? I hear it often, but have no idea how to visualize this.

Thanks.
Quote Reply