Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

herniated lumbar w/sciatica ... spinal injections?
Quote | Reply
this is the follow up to the inversion table thread.
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...rch_string=;#5338574

for those who have been down this road, what was the affect of the shot?
anything? if so, how long did it take to feel better? how long did that last?
did you get two?
did it end in surgery?

back pain sucks
Quote Reply
Re: herniated lumbar w/sciatica ... spinal injections? [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had spinal injections three separate times. It doesn't work for everyone but it did work really well for me. It doesn't cure anything. It just takes away the inflammation. And it will feel better until you tweak it again. I forget how long the doctor said it would take before I felt better; 18, 24, 36 hours, but I could have set my watch. At just about that time, I felt the pain lift.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: herniated lumbar w/sciatica ... spinal injections? [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a total of 3 shots before I ended up having surgery. First one worked really well, second worked a little, third had no effect.

That being said, the surgeon said the herniation was worse than the MRI showed. Apparently after the herniation, over time the disk actually scared around the sciatic nerve. Surgery was the only answer for me.

On the bright side, I have my life back now. Sciatic pain is the absolute worst. Best of luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dsmallwood wrote:
this is the follow up to the inversion table thread.
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...rch_string=;#5338574

for those who have been down this road, what was the affect of the shot?
anything? if so, how long did it take to feel better? how long did that last?
did you get two?
did it end in surgery?

back pain sucks

Shoot me a PM if you want to chat...

I'm the official/ unofficial ST neuosurgeon :)... LOL.
Quote Reply