Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

help with speedmax fit
Quote | Reply
i had a guru fit a little earlier this year and was planning on a tri bike but due to finances the purchase was pushed back.

ive narrowed down my choices to a few bikes, but the speedmax cf slx will be avail in the states this month or next so that's on my radar as well. my fitter is currently out of the country so i cant get his official opinion, so i thought id bounce it off the collective minds here.

when i punch in my measurements on canyon's "perfect position system" on their site i can change my height by one inch i go from a small to a medium, so i know im right on the edge of either size.

attached to this post is a screen shot from my guru fit as well as the only geometry data i could find on the slx.

any help / advice on which frame would fit me well or even if this bike would fit me at all would be appreciated. thanks!!

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: help with speedmax fit [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Small is much too low for you. You need a lot of pad spacers on the medium.
Also, you will struggle to get the pads wide enough - closest is 228mm
Can hit your Pad XY within a couple of mm though.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have any actual pictures of you and your fit?

Quote Reply
Re: help with speedmax fit [boostedcvc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks so much for that analysis! seems that my arms may fit may be a bit too wide...

and the only pic i have is a head-on that was captured by the guru system. nothing from the side unfortunately. i rode this position for a bit and it seems quite comfortable. the fitter would adjust things back and forth as i was riding and i could def tell the differences. the whole process def sold me on the guru fit.

attached is my only pic.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So Canyon is not great about a lot of things (parts, being on time to launch things in the US, customization of parts) but they were awesome on answering fit questions. I was either going to be a maxed out on stack on a medium or minimum on reach on a large and I sent them my fitter's data and posed the question of which they thought would be better since they know their bike. They were very helpful and we went back and forth a few times and they advised me to go for the large. It fits really well and I love it. I'd highly recommend emailing them about it to get their opinion in addition to ours.
Quote Reply
Re: help with speedmax fit [msmolen72] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks a lot for the tip!

Quote Reply
Re: help with speedmax fit [msmolen72] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
msmolen72 wrote:
since they know their bike. They were very helpful and we went back and forth a few times and they advised me to go for the large. It fits really well and I love it. I'd highly recommend emailing them about it to get their opinion in addition to ours.

I'd note that the results I posted are from a model I constructed after spending 90mins on Skype with the Speedmax engineer to get all of the details that are not contained within the spreadsheet they use for calculating fit. There are just shy of 100,000 configuration options in my model - so it may well be the best source of info for speedmax fit data.
Quote Reply
Re: help with speedmax fit [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that’s a massive help to anyone interested in this bike!

Quote Reply