Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Computrainer Heart Rate Monitor
Quote | Reply
I am having great difficulty getting the heart rate monitor to function. I replaced the battery in the chest strap, thinking that the battery was dead. However, I am completely unable to pair up the chest strap to the adapter, which is plugged into the console.

Can anyone provide some guidance or tips to make this work?
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer Heart Rate Monitor [HH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you using an ANT+ hr monitor or Polar? If you are using an ANT+ hr, have you downloaded and installed the ANT+ patch?

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer Heart Rate Monitor [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am using the polar one, with a standalone sensor that connects by a serial cable into the yellow control unit.

(I did not know that there was an ANT+ patch. Does it work with this sensor?)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's just a crappy heart rate monitor. Mine went out a few years after I bought my Computrainer. Has nothing to do with the Polar strap itself, but with the detector that you plug into your controller box. You are far better off buying an Ant+ dongle for your computer and then buying a Ant+ hr strap. But the Ant+ heartrate will only work with programs like Trainerroad, Perpro, or Zwift. Racermate One won't work with the Ant+ devices.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Which strap are you using. IIRC, the CT Polar dongle works best with the older (non user replaceable battery) uncoded Polar straps. I never had a problem with it when using those straps.

They had problems with the newer coded straps, and I believe it required an upgraded "chip" in the handlebar controller to get them to work reliably.

Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer Heart Rate Monitor [nightfend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same experience here - have 2 old polar straps and can't pair either with the head unit. Using ANT+ Dongle and Garmin hr strap to display HR in Zwift.
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer Heart Rate Monitor [nightfend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 "Racermate One won't work with the Ant+ devices." This is NOT correct- I use my Garmin 1000, ant+ strap and have dongle on extension cord so it about 2-3 ft from chest strap-have to have strap on and functional before you start RM1 and have to have Computrainers update to allow all this but it works flawlessly for me with heart rate showing on RM1 screen along with power cadence etc etc..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No polar is not ant+ compatible. The ANT+ patch is for hr monitors like garmin.

I would look at getting an ANT+ usb dongle to plug into your computer and get an ANT+ hr monitor (garmin). ANT+ WILL work with racermate one.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer Heart Rate Monitor [old man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, good to hear. I haven't used my Racermate One software for about two years since I started using Zwift and PerfPro.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HH wrote:
I am using the polar one, with a standalone sensor that connects by a serial cable into the yellow control unit.

(I did not know that there was an ANT+ patch. Does it work with this sensor?)

I've used the wireless polar approach, but I've gone back to the ear clip on a wire. As backwards as it seems I never have to deal with signal drop outs and it just plain works. It gets uncomfortable for longer rides but after a few minutes I don't even notice it anymore. When I used the wireless mode I frequently was fiddling around with the placement of the sensor and all sorts of nonsense.
Quote Reply