Quote Reply
Re: Email notifications from Slowtwitch [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Testing 3

Cleaning up the mess
Quote Reply
Re: Email notifications from Slowtwitch [Janitor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saw your post as I was cruising the board......no email.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still not working on this end
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:

GreatScott, Testing 3 was a reply to your post and the maillog showed that an email went out to greatscott71@comcast.net. The delivery report said:

"delivery 197423: success: 68.87.20.5_accepted_message./Remote_host_said:_250_2.0.0_HBrc1s03C3YNjck01BrdJA_mail_accepted_for_delivery/"

So the forum is delivering the notifications, is comcast blocking our emails perhaps? Do you have a Spam/Junk folder, have you checked for emails in there?

Cleaning up the mess
Quote Reply
Re: Email notifications from Slowtwitch [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trener1 wrote:

Test email 4

Cleaning up the mess
Quote Reply
Re: Email notifications from Slowtwitch [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trener1 wrote:

I've got the following email notification going out to my reply to your post:

starting delivery 200910: msg 11789521 to remote hgetz@me.com
delivery 200910: success: 17.172.34.64_accepted_message./Remote_host_said:_250_2.5.0_Ok./

I believe that's your email, right?

Cleaning up the mess
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Indeed it is, thank you for looking into it.
I just looked through my inbox and it seems like the last notification email that I received was on 12/1/15, not sure why it doesn't work any more
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used the search function to search all mailboxes, and found nothing in my spam folder.

Is there anything else you can think of that I should check?

Scott
Last edited by: GreatScott: Feb 12, 16 20:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Janitor wrote:
GreatScott wrote:

GreatScott, Testing 3 was a reply to your post and the maillog showed that an email went out to greatscott71@comcast.net. The delivery report said:

"delivery 197423: success: 68.87.20.5_accepted_message./Remote_host_said:_250_2.0.0_HBrc1s03C3YNjck01BrdJA_mail_accepted_for_delivery/"

So the forum is delivering the notifications, is comcast blocking our emails perhaps? Do you have a Spam/Junk folder, have you checked for emails in there?

Ok, I suspect Comcast is the problem and made a change on my end that will redirect my email through icloud.com. Please try again.

Thanks!

Scott
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about this?

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Email notifications from Slowtwitch [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing.

However, I have learned some things. Sorry if this is TMI.

My mobile device uses an iCloud account (greatscott.71@icloud.com) to mirror my Comcast account (greatscott71@comcast.net). A bit of research last night found the Comcast account did receive Janitor's notification reply email. The problem is, the notification reply email was not received by my mobile (greatscott.71@icloud.com).

So, I tried a workaround by changing the email address within my ST profile to greatscott.71@icloud.com. Unfortunately, that didn't help. My iCloud account did not receive your reply notification.

Does that make any sense?

Maybe I'm the one who is all screwed up. The thing is, all my other email is reflected on both accounts and I've never had this problem before.

Scott
Last edited by: GreatScott: Feb 13, 16 17:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay, what about right now, if I reply to a post with you now having set your address to your iCloud address?

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nothing!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also nothing on my end.
Quote Reply
Re: Email notifications from Slowtwitch [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't been receiving e-mail notifications for the past several years now, so I more or less gave up on it (yes, I have them turned on). However, it would be nice to get e-mail notification when someone replies to my post. I see I have that option checked by default at the bottom of the page as I type this.
Quote Reply
Re: Email notifications from Slowtwitch [RichardL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this morning i sent private emails, must regular emails from my POP account, to the following among you, who all in this thread say you aren't getting email notifications from us:

GreatScott
Walter
noofus
trener1
Johnnybefit
Jayrod
RichardL

i sent these emails to the email address that we have for you, that you provided when you signed up for your forum user account here. no far, none of you have replied, tho i don't expect you all to be sitting by your computers this morning.

can you post here to the forum that you did receive my email from this (sunday) morning?

if you didn't get my email, 1 of 2 things may be happening:

1. slowtwitch.com emails, even mine, from my POP client, might be blocked from getting to your POP account.
2. you are no longer using the email you used when you signed up for your forum user account, and there is no email forwarding from that old email.

any chance it's #2 above? if you email me, or PM me, and identify yourself by your user name, i'll send you back the email we have on file for you.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good morning Dan. I received your valentine and responded in kind.

Scott
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan, I received your e-mail. Thanks.

My problem in the past was getting intermittent e-mail notifications. Sometimes I get them and sometimes I don't.
Quote Reply
Re: Email notifications from Slowtwitch [RichardL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, replied here as well
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No post or watched thread email notifications for us as well. This seems to have started about a day ago. It was working fine before that, although watched thread notifications seemed to be intermittent. Our profile settings have been checked.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: Feb 17, 16 6:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
Let me check to see if we're having outbound issues.

No emails today. Any issues?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Email notifications from Slowtwitch [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried a change with how the forum sends mail. It seems to have been a bad change.

But I changed it back.

Last edited by: Rappstar: Feb 17, 16 7:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also stopped getting email notifications within the last couple months - thread replies or PMs.
Quote Reply

Prev Next