Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by jjh
Last edited by: jjh: Nov 25, 15 17:30
Re: P1 pedals and Garmin [jjh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jjh wrote:
Is a firmware update needed to pick up both pedals? My pedals work with the 520 and only one side works with the 500 and I have updated that thing in a while. I of course could just update it and see if it works but that is confusing and my lazy luddite a$s I guess would rather ask the ST nerderatti because I am sure somebody knows.

What makes you think it isn't working with the 500? Is it telling you only one side is paired? That happened on my wife's 500, but it was indeed reading both sides (confirmed by looking at the L/R balance during and post-ride; you can also confirm my unclipping one foot and noting power readings). If you're getting L/R info (add this field to your 500 to confirm), both pedals are working, despite any messages to the contrary.
Quote Reply
Re: P1 pedals and Garmin [ckhirsch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it gives that message and if i unclip the left power reads zero, but you are right in tat if look at the file on garmin connect it shows a l\r balance of 51/49 and you can even see where I pedaled around with one leg(100%) right. Weird.
Last edited by: jjh: Nov 25, 15 17:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm assuming you've tried changing the battery? If you swap it back to the 520 after it fails on the 500, it works? I'd start by updating the firmware. If that doesn't help, probably time to contact PT and/or Garmin.

My wife didn't have your issue, just the false reporting of one pedal missing. She upgraded to a 520 (for other reasons) and hasn't had any similar issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is cosmetic glitch, Garmin is looking for 2 pedals (garmin vector) but only one P1 pedal is transmitting the data to garmin device, so disregard the message and pedal along, as long as yo can see L-R balance you are good to go. Garmin said they will fix this at one point.
Quote Reply
Re: P1 pedals and Garmin [sebo2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I guess with the power tap pedals the right one sends to the left and then transmits rather than both of them transmitting like the vectors.
I really dig the pedals.

Thanks
Last edited by: jjh: Nov 27, 15 13:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had that same problem with my 500 before I updated both my pedals and my computer. It could also be your calibration, noticed that as well.
Quote Reply