Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Kickr SNAP [nord0296] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was also eying the Kickr SNAP - with the 20% off at REI plus a dividend of almost $400 I was going to pull the trigger. However, all of the negative comments are making me reconsider. I'm really doing fine with my KK trainer, and don't need a smart trainer. I could get 3-4 pairs of new shoes instead.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Kickr SNAP [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
natethomas wrote:
I was also eying the Kickr SNAP - with the 20% off at REI plus a dividend of almost $400 I was going to pull the trigger. However, all of the negative comments are making me reconsider. I'm really doing fine with my KK trainer, and don't need a smart trainer. I could get 3-4 pairs of new shoes instead.
I would suggest at least waiting until they get their FE-C support out of beta, then see what owners say about it on here. I think a lot of the issues people are seeing can probably be fixed with firmware updates.
Quote Reply
Re: Kickr SNAP [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
natethomas wrote:

I'm tempted to get the snap. I need to get a second trainer and already have the Kickr which has been fine for me. Figured I'd get the snap so people can come to mine and train with me without worrying about cassette compatibility.

Anyone know of any good deals out there at the moment? I'm not in a rush so might just wait for another 20% deal...
Quote Reply
Re: Kickr SNAP [dado0583] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dado0583 wrote:
natethomas wrote:

I'm tempted to get the snap. I need to get a second trainer and already have the Kickr which has been fine for me. Figured I'd get the snap so people can come to mine and train with me without worrying about cassette compatibility.

Anyone know of any good deals out there at the moment? I'm not in a rush so might just wait for another 20% deal...

Do you have a power meter? I had thought about getting a smart trainer but I just ordered a power meter and have a cycleops fluid 2 trainer so I'm just sticking with that. I don't think a smart trainer is something that is going to benefit me much. it would be a nice to have.
Quote Reply
Re: Kickr SNAP [TriTamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I got a power meter on the bike which I use to measure for indoors/outdoors. I like to use erg mode for 2/3 of my workouts so would want it to be a smart-power-based trainer
Quote Reply

Prev Next