Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sufferfest/TR/Kickr on a Surface Pro?
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tried running Sufferfest videos with TrainerRoad and a Kickr with a Surface Pro? I'd need to use a USB hub, to have room for the ANT dongle and an external hard drive for the videos.
I'm considering switching to a Surface Pro from a laptop, and would like to know how well this setup might work.
Quote Reply
Re: Sufferfest/TR/Kickr on a Surface Pro? [Ironma'am] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, used my wife's Surface Pro with a Kickr Snap, TR, (or PerfPro) and Sufferfest videos and it works fine. But I personally hate the Surface Pro and switched it out for an Acer laptop.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love my Surface Pro 3. No issues running TR / Sufferfest (no Kickr). It has one usb and one micro sd slot so you could put videos on a sd card and be fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Surface Pro can run anything a Windows PC can run, be it a laptop or a desktop. That's its strongest appeal. Get a keyboard cover. It makes it easier to use the Surface as a laptop. Copy the videos to an SD card, or copy them to Surface's own drive. No need for external storage.
Quote Reply
Re: Sufferfest/TR/Kickr on a Surface Pro? [TomTriesTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What didn't you like about the Surface Pro? Which version was it?
Quote Reply
Re: Sufferfest/TR/Kickr on a Surface Pro? [wcb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ironma'am wrote:
Has anyone tried running Sufferfest videos with TrainerRoad and a Kickr with a Surface Pro? I'd need to use a USB hub, to have room for the ANT dongle and an external hard drive for the videos.
I'm considering switching to a Surface Pro from a laptop, and would like to know how well this setup might work.

I don't have a Kickr, but I do use a SP3 for trainerroad/sufferfest. I also use a microSD card to store the videos to free up the USB for the ANT+ dongle (the Surface Pro 3 supports up to 128GB, the SP4 might go higher but I dunno for sure).
Quote Reply
Re: Sufferfest/TR/Kickr on a Surface Pro? [Jewbaru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never used an SD card in that way, so I wouldn't have thought of it. Thanks!
Quote Reply