Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Endless Pool owners [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Water flow is always expressed in some unit of volume per unit time,

Ooops my bad I thought the swim meter was mins/secs per 100 meters.

Quote Reply
Re: Endless Pool owners [PC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PC wrote:
Water flow is always expressed in some unit of volume per unit time,

Ooops my bad I thought the swim meter was mins/secs per 100 meters.

Well, if you have the swim meter that EP sells as an add-on, my understanding is that it does indeed measure time/100 meters, but water flow rates are always in volume/time, b/c this the way flow rates of anything (gas, liquid, or solid) are defined. Time/100 meters is time/distance, which is the inverse of water velocity, which is distance/time, e.g. m/sec. It is a little bit complicated but you just have to keep your units straight. This was drilled into us in engineering school, "units, units, units...if you have your units right, you'll get the right answer":):):)

Can you double-check on what your swim meter measures??? I'm still a bit puzzled over your original statement about 144/100 meters...???

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Endless Pool owners [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, if you have the swim meter that EP sells as an add-on, my understanding is that it does indeed measure time/100 meters,

Thank goodness! I have been crushed all morning thinking that I entered bogus yardage into Training Peaks! Yes, I did have that feature when I had my EP.

I'm still a bit puzzled over your original statement about 144/100 Me too.

Ah OK I set the water flow so that the swim meter read 1:44 (one minute and forty four secs per 100 meters). Does that make more sense?

I never would of guessed you were an engineer.:)
Quote Reply
Re: Endless Pool owners [PC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PC wrote:
Well, if you have the swim meter that EP sells as an add-on, my understanding is that it does indeed measure time/100 meters,

Thank goodness! I have been crushed all morning thinking that I entered bogus yardage into Training Peaks! Yes, I did have that feature when I had my EP.

I'm still a bit puzzled over your original statement about 144/100 Me too.

Ah OK I set the water flow so that the swim meter read 1:44 (one minute and forty four secs per 100 meters). Does that make more sense?

I never would of guessed you were an engineer.:)

Ah, now finally to the root of the issue, and indeed, 1:44/100 m makes perfect sense for a 7:55/500 yd pace. I'm glad we finally got to the root of the problem. I guess once an engineer, always an engineer. Apparently, no one else even cared:)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply

Prev Next