Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hilton Head 70.3?
Quote | Reply
I've heard rumors about an Ironman 70.3 Hilton Head in October. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Hilton Head 70.3? [schafermnt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Confirmed - at least 2 threads on it. Use the search function.
Quote Reply
Re: Hilton Head 70.3? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
Confirmed - at least 2 threads on it. Use the search function.

I'm not saying it isn't a done deal, but I would be cautious until WTC announces it. Right now, we have some dude (or dudette) saying "I have knowledge that it is confirmed but I can't tell you my source".

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Hilton Head 70.3? [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not just some individual but also the local newpaper: http://www.islandpacket.com/...article37026471.html

I can't fathom why WTC hasn't issued a press release also. But then again, I don't fathom a lot of things they do.
Quote Reply
Re: Hilton Head 70.3? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
Not just some individual but also the local newpaper: http://www.islandpacket.com/...article37026471.html

I can't fathom why WTC hasn't issued a press release also. But then again, I don't fathom a lot of things they do.

There's still lots that has to materialize from the point that a city council approves a permit until the contracts are signed.

I don't doubt that it will happen, but lots of assumptions being made. Remember, National Harbor 70.3 was a done deal, too.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Hilton Head 70.3? [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
National Harbor was a done deal. Permits were in place. It was announced. Registrations were accepted. And then the organizer (Washington Sports Event Management) bailed, and cancelled the race before even WTC knew. Not quite the same situation but your point is well taken - stuff happens!
Quote Reply