Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Vittoria corsa speed graphene tires [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thought I'd post my experience this morning. First flat since having a tubeless setup - all on this tire. So tire has been mounted since January and while it was damn near impossible to mount initially I was able to get it off and on with little bit of effort today on the side of the road. Not Zipp easy where they just fall of the rim (Alto wheel, FYI) but a tire lever popped it off and got it back on. The biggest pain was the sealant everywhere. A paper towel in the flat kit would have been nice. It was also cold and fingers a bit numb. I ran over a slice of broken glass and it gashed across the front of the tire. Instantly flat and no way the sealant could handle that size. Also because gash the Tom A approved flat kit, which I had, also wasn't an option.

I'm glad I got the opportunity to run thru this drill not on a race day. My big takeaway is that the Corsa stretches over time making a roadside tube swap possible despite the perception. Just don't flat before it can stretch.
Quote Reply
Re: Vittoria corsa speed graphene tires [Jnags7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought a pair to try out last year and bailed after I wasn't able to mount the stupid things with latex tubes without pinching the tube and having it flat on inflation. I decided to give them another try to use as training tires since it pained me to have them sitting on the shelf. Managed to get them mounted on a different set of rims with butyl tubes, but I'm a little worried about what the heck I'm going to do if they ever flat and I have to try to change a tube. I sure am hoping I get in enough miles that they stretch enough before I flat.
Quote Reply
Re: Vittoria corsa speed graphene tires [Jnags7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jnags7 wrote:
Thought I'd post my experience this morning. First flat since having a tubeless setup - all on this tire. So tire has been mounted since January and while it was damn near impossible to mount initially I was able to get it off and on with little bit of effort today on the side of the road. Not Zipp easy where they just fall of the rim (Alto wheel, FYI) but a tire lever popped it off and got it back on. The biggest pain was the sealant everywhere. A paper towel in the flat kit would have been nice. It was also cold and fingers a bit numb. I ran over a slice of broken glass and it gashed across the front of the tire. Instantly flat and no way the sealant could handle that size. Also because gash the Tom A approved flat kit, which I had, also wasn't an option.

I'm glad I got the opportunity to run thru this drill not on a race day. My big takeaway is that the Corsa stretches over time making a roadside tube swap possible despite the perception. Just don't flat before it can stretch.

Yeah I didn't have much luck with them. Flatted in my 2nd race with them after 2 seasons of no flats during races and 2 flats in total including training using Conti TTs for racing and GPs for training. I tried to fixing it with sealant and it seemed to hold, but went down 3km into my next ride. I couldn't find a hole or gash in the tyre at all, but it was obviously a bin job so I cut it up curious to see where the hole was, I found a small hole and then further along found a huge tear about an inch long? How can that have happened without the tyre getting damaged?? Anyway, you only have to hold these tyres in your hands to realise they're not suited to anything other than sprints or TTs on perfect roads. They're quick, but they are incredibly light weight and incredibly fragile.

To be fair on Vittoria's website, there is no mention of puncture protection for the Cross Speed. I'm sure Vittoria would agree with me that these are not suited to triathlon.

Corsa:

• The world’s best tire
  • 4 compounds for best speed, grip, durability and puncture protection
  • Reinforced Corespun K casing for increased sidewall protection

Corsa Speed:

• The world’s fastest tire
  • Perfect for wide aero-rims
  • Very low rolling resistance

Last edited by: zedzded: Mar 3, 18 0:58
Quote Reply

Prev Next