Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Airlines have lost about 50 athletes bikes at 70.3 Worlds.. [TrekGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tribike transport is worth every penny. Its a drag that your bike costs as much as an airline ticket most of the time, but it sure beats racing on a borrowed bike, or not racing at all.
Quote Reply
Re: Airlines have lost about 50 athletes bikes at 70.3 Worlds.. [TrekGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oh bummer :-( I have two friends there; I know one got his bike there OK. They were traveling together so one can only hope that both their bikes made it.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Airlines have lost about 50 athletes bikes at 70.3 Worlds.. [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's fine to do this but you are always limited by the Max liability the airlines pay out, which almost certainly won't cover your bike or come close and if your bike is either heavy or oversized you are unlikely to see anything at all

I don't put anything extra in with mine, I use a soft shell so its not used as a challenge to break it and where possible I fly direct. For 25-30k miles per year for last two years its worked
Quote Reply
Re: Airlines have lost about 50 athletes bikes at 70.3 Worlds.. [tailgunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What about UPS or FedEx?

Quote | Reply
50 bikes. I'm calling bs.....I'm here no buzz about lost bikes. Here at the sram tent wv've got bikes. No body has asked to use one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TrekGeek wrote:
Apparently the race director knows about it and they have been scouring the bike shops and asking local mechanics if they know where bikes can be rented. Nothing available at this point.
how can they not find bikes. My tri club could cover the load of 50 easy. Are there no tri clubs where the WC are?

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Airlines have lost about 50 athletes bikes at 70.3 Worlds.. [Beachboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Beachboy wrote:
50 bikes. I'm calling bs.....I'm here no buzz about lost bikes. Here at the sram tent wv've got bikes. No body has asked to use one.

THIS. Let's close this thread as nobody has come forward with their story of missing bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: Airlines have lost about 50 athletes bikes at 70.3 Worlds.. [cougie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ditto -

every IM Expo I've been at there are at least half this many bikes sitting at exhibitor tents that could easily be re-purposed.
Quote Reply

Prev Next