Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Challenge Cedar Point - ROLL CALL [Slowjog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowjog wrote:
I will be there.

Not sure if my bike will be or not. Dealing with TriBike Transport has not been fun.

They do have some rental bikes if you do not want to deal with shipping.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Cedar Point - ROLL CALL [Anton84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in for my first full.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In for the full, looking forward to it. Any idea how may people are doing it? Fully expecting less than 100 at this point, but I'd be thrilled if it were more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well dang. I didn't realize the park would be closed Monday. Staying an extra day and doing the park with my wife was most of the sell for driving to Ohio when we live an hour outside of Madison. Oops! Maybe if I had been to an amusement park since high school I would know they aren't open during the week year round...

Maybe we should start a race widow club for our significant others to hang out with each other that weekend. I'm not too interested in being on my feet and doing rides Saturday. Something tells me I won't have much time Sunday. Maybe I'll suck it up Saturday.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Cedar Point - ROLL CALL [fisherman76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Bib list was just posted. Here is the breakdown as of September 7. So far there are 204 registered. I would expect a 5% DNS rate - so likely 194 starters.

There were 226 people listed last year for the full. 194 finishers.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Cedar Point - ROLL CALL [bx3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's really sad to see so many people bitching about WTC, and yet not voting with their wallet. 200 people for full, is 10-12 times less than IMoo on the same day ...
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Cedar Point - ROLL CALL [bx3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I thought about doing that same thing for about 6 seconds.

Should be a good day!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anton84 wrote:
It's really sad to see so many people bitching about WTC, and yet not voting with their wallet. 200 people for full, is 10-12 times less than IMoo on the same day ...

Yeah, it's really sad. I'd hate to see this race die due to low participation.

In for the Sprint only, this year.... other racing going on for me on Sunday.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Cedar Point - ROLL CALL [cgregg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry about your luck!

FYI conditions suck today. Finish line got ripped up, water is rough, their boat got flipped and had to get rescued by the Coast Guard

No practice swim today, lake is very rough. No bike checkin today. Rumor has it the backup swim location has quite a bit of algae bloom.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Cedar Point - ROLL CALL [beercity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beercity wrote:
Sorry about your luck!

FYI conditions suck today. Finish line got ripped up, water is rough, their boat got flipped and had to get rescued by the Coast Guard

No practice swim today, lake is very rough. No bike checkin today. Rumor has it the backup swim location has quite a bit of algae bloom.

Yeah the algal bloom thing is a problem in the lake, I know there was a week where the water wasn't safe to drink in Toledo last year in August.

The good news is the swell is likely to go down for tomorrow, and the water is quite warm.
http://www.surfline.com/...t-great-lakes_72893/

Unfortunately I was scheduled to do the sprint today, and ended up with a 5k (somewhat) "fun run."

Stay safe reguardless! The algal water should be safe for a short practice swim to be honest, but the concern is swallowing any of the water.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Cedar Point - ROLL CALL [Thickerchamois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dark, windy from the nw with some light rain. Temperature in low 50s on Sunday am.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Cedar Point - ROLL CALL [beercity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beercity wrote:
Sorry about your luck!

I'm 0-for-2 on attempts to do the Cedar Point Sprint.
My last attempt was 2012 when - guess what? - a crazy-azz storm blew in and canceled the swim & bike and turned it into a 5k fun run.

Yes, I''ll stop signing up for it in the future.
At least the 5k was kinda enjoyable and the sun came out enough to get into the park and ride coasters for a bit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Showtime! Good luck everyone! Sounds like race crew has done a ton of work to make this happen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone know where to get live results? Cant find them online
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cgregg wrote:

Yes, I''ll stop signing up for it in the future.
At least the 5k was kinda enjoyable and the sun came out enough to get into the park and ride coasters for a bit.

I was pretty salty about them cancelling the swim and bike, then not even having us run the course through the park on the website we were supossed to. Anything painted in the parking lot was quite slippery and I had to take bad lines to avoid the water on the walking lanes and such.

I can't imagine anything on the park course would have been that problematic.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Cedar Point - ROLL CALL [dado0583] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply

Prev Next