Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Your favorite hydration packs
Quote | Reply
I'm moving out to Phoenix next week and I'm ill prepared for runs and rides in 105+ degree heat, from both a gear and acclimation perspective. What are some of your favorite hydration packs or even belts? I'm thinking I want to do 2 different packs. One small light one that I could use for shorter runs, and one a little more substantial with around a 2L bladder and room for a little bit of gear. The bigger one I would also use for rides and some hiking. I still want it to be light enough to run in. I'm not doing ultras or day long hikes, so I won't need to fit a ton of gear in it.

I usually don't run with anything under 1 hour or 90 minutes if it's not hot out, but I tried running in Phoenix last week and was struggling 20 minutes in. The dry heat just sucked up any water I had in my system.
Quote Reply
Re: Your favorite hydration packs [roacher78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My Nathan Vapor wrap is good, 2 liter bladder and 2 pockets for water bottles. It is a tad heavy so expect to slow down 30 seconds per mile depending on what you add. Another plus is that it has enough room in the pack for day hikes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use my Ultimate direction SJ pack for long trail runs and it's the best i've ever had. spacious and comfortable with pockets everywhere. room enough for a bladder and space for jacket, toque and gloves. It doesn't move much at all when running and i've never had comfort issues with it. Pockets on the front mean i can have bear spray within easy reach together with a mix bottle or a cell depending on the conditions. I like th elittle pockets for TP and gels etc which i can access without removing th epack at any time. I hope that helps.

www.ultimatedirection.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another vote for the Ultimate Direction SJ vest. I have the 2.0 and love it!
Quote Reply