Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hamstring pain and HIM
Quote | Reply
About a month ago my hamstrings felt tight every time I would stand up from sitting for an extended amount of time but it wasn't painful. Then about two weeks ago, a few days before my oly, I started to feel a little pain, mostly when walking, but it didn't affect my bike/run. A 1 or 2 on the pain scale. I raced my oly with no pain whatsoever, though felt it that morning. Had 9 days off after that (only doing a pretty hard hike in CO a week after race). And now did a run yesterday and easy 20 on bike today. Run was fine but felt it on my bike, about a 2 on scale. Now I feel it constantly when I'm walking or even sitting. I feel it in the middle of my hamstring between my butt and knee. I have my first HIM in 11 weeks and wondering what this might be and how to proceed with my training. I'm going to be a little undertrained as it is so nervous about taking any time off. Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Hamstring pain and HIM [Dziama12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had same issue that became chronic on left leg.... after IMTX

Been going to PT last 4 weeks... Pain was about a 5....now about 1-2

I have an imbalance caused by my right piriformis being too tight - resulting in my right hip being pulled higher than the left hip. When running I have been over extending my left leg - which has been made worse by me running on left side of the road. My hips are also not very flexible and almost locked when running resulting in further over extension of both legs. Lastly for some reason my seat position has crept higher the last few seasons.... got a re fit to correct that too.

Check to see where your imbalance is....
Quote Reply