Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HRM + computer compatibility
Quote | Reply
I was recently looking at bike computers and I wanted one with speed and cadence. I have a friend who can get me a good deal on a Cateye computer so I figured I'd go with their Strada 410 since it reads both of those with the option of reading heart rate as well if I wanted to get a monitor later. However, I'm not a fan of the Cateye watch that reads from all their sensors and I'm not sure I'd want a heart rate monitor that I could only use on my bike. Does anyone know if any other monitors transmit at 2.4 GHz or if any other watches will read the Cateye HRM? (the frequency the Cateye computer receives) Or does anyone have an HRM that works with their Cateye sensor?

Register for Tri the Illini! Urbana-Champaign's premier sprint triathlon! Register here: http://www.fightingillinitriathlon.com/index.html
Quote Reply
Re: HRM + computer compatibility [Red X] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lots of monitors transmit at 2.4gHz (Bluetooth and Ant+ both transmit at 2.4gHz); but that doesn't that they are compatible. The Cateye transmission is likely coded and proprietary. Their HRM will likely only work with some Cateye products.

IMO: Get a Garmin and a BTLE/ANT+ speed/cadence sensor, and be future-proofed.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply