Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Comped pro race entries?
Quote | Reply
How many races (and or race series) are currently comping pro card carriers? I am trying to figure out if giving up hopes on Kona and Nationals is worth it to take a card and be a BOP pro.

IM is charging $800 for a series pass (but ONLY to their pro races)
Challenge is still comping their pro race. How do they handle their non cash races?
HITS?
Toughman?
Set-Up inc?
Barrelman has said they are comping pros
Anyone know about the regional races such as Pigman, Savage, Grand Rapids, ext?

Austin Hardy -

Quote Reply
Re: Comped pro race entries? [Aust1227] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
XTERRA comps the top 10 ranked in the series
I think the non-major events are really dependent. I know our local series I am paying full price, but there might be more room to offer a clinic, etc
NYC Tri, the only Life Time race left, has a comped entry.
ITU races tend to have small entry fees in the 100ish range.

I just took my license this year. I have no desire for Kona, but I did have slight apprehensions about not being able to race AG Nationals, as I never really had a good race there in the 4 years I did it, with last year being the very worst. But I am able to get into NYC, I'll likely do a couple ITU races over the next few years. Most importantly, to me, I'm racing the best guys I can. I got smoked at XTERRA Richmond, but enjoyed it and learned a ton.

IG: idking90
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aust1227 wrote:

Set-Up inc?

Hahahaha...oh man. Just died. Setup giving out comped entries to pros! LOL (unless you mean B2B full)

But seriously, you're right that there's not a whole lot left in that arena.
Last edited by: James Haycraft: Jul 1, 15 13:11
Quote Reply
Re: Comped pro race entries? [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SavageMan is Setup and comps pros. Has a pro prize purse as well. Well, I guess it's now VTSMTS and not Setup as there's been some sort of a geographic split.
Quote Reply
Re: Comped pro race entries? [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Well, I guess it's now VTSMTS and not Setup

An extremely important distinction.

ETA - when I contacted Setup for Savageman about a comped entry (as a pro) last year they offered a discounted entry. Maybe I wasn't big enough for them.
Last edited by: James Haycraft: Jul 1, 15 13:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aust1227 wrote:
How many races (and or race series) are currently comping pro card carriers? I am trying to figure out if giving up hopes on Kona and Nationals is worth it to take a card and be a BOP pro.

IM is charging $800 for a series pass (but ONLY to their pro races)
Challenge is still comping their pro race. How do they handle their non cash races?
HITS?
Toughman?
Set-Up inc?
Barrelman has said they are comping pros
Anyone know about the regional races such as Pigman, Savage, Grand Rapids, ext?

So let's get this straight, you want to take your pro card so you can get free entries into non-pro races?

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Comped pro race entries? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
So let's get this straight, you want to take your pro card so you can get free entries into non-pro races?

People are pros for different reasons, like people get drivers licenses for different reasons. I have a drivers license so I can drink.
Quote Reply
Re: Comped pro race entries? [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
James Haycraft wrote:
Quote:
Well, I guess it's now VTSMTS and not Setup

An extremely important distinction.

ETA - when I contacted Setup for Savageman about a comped entry (as a pro) last year they offered a discounted entry. Maybe I wasn't big enough for them.

I just paid full price for a VTSMTS double race weekend last night. I know I'm not the only one with a pro license racing that weekend, so I'll ask what others got. I did send an email asking how they'd like me to register to make sure I'm removed from any AG results because VTS doesn't have a separate Open division.

IG: idking90
Quote Reply
Re: Comped pro race entries? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:

I try not to discriminate.. Pro race.. Non pro race... I don't really care. I love racing. And if a RD is offering a comped entry to increase the depth of talent at their races, than I wold like to hear about it.

Nothing nefarious or sinister about that, is there?

Austin Hardy -

Quote Reply