Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Places to run in Edmonton? Places for craft beer in Edmonton?
Quote | Reply
Howdy folks, off to Edmonton for work, wondering where's a good (safe) place to run? Where's a good place to get decent beer? Any advice would be appreciated. And any STers in the area who want to meet up for either, PM me.

Thanks!

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Places to run in Edmonton? Places for craft beer in Edmonton? [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
^^^

Now here is a guy with his priorities in order.
Quote Reply
Re: Places to run in Edmonton? Places for craft beer in Edmonton? [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Underground, Craft Beer Market, Beer Revolution, and MKT are all good places for a beer depending on where you end up in the city. Edmonton Craft Beer Festival also goes June 5-6 if you're in town those days. For running, basically anywhere along the river you'll find endless miles of trails. You can start at Hawrelak Park and find a mix of paved or off-road trails from there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Depending on where you're staying I guess, but as others have said make your way to the river valley near the MacDonald Hotel downtown. Miles of trails in any direction. Most of them paved. On the south side there are some nice runs near the University and Saskatchewan Drive.
Craft is a good place for beer, or go hang out on Whyte Avenue and people watch. Lots of pubs down there.
Probably not a good idea to meet with a Twitch Edmontonian. You'll probably get rolled or stabbed. Maybe both.
Welcome to Edmonton!
Last edited by: triathlung: May 24, 15 14:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For the run, river valley probably your best bet:

http://www.edmonton.ca/...lley-trail-maps.aspx
Quote Reply
Re: Places to run in Edmonton? Places for craft beer in Edmonton? [triathlung] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I never pictured you as the mugger type lol. BTW is the Sherlock Holmes Pub near the U of A any good? The place keeps showing up on Groupon.
Quote Reply
Re: Places to run in Edmonton? Places for craft beer in Edmonton? [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know, I've never been.
Quote Reply
Re: Places to run in Edmonton? Places for craft beer in Edmonton? [triathlung] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quick tip for those not sure of a restaurant in Alberta
http://www.albertahealthservices.ca/3149.asp

No indication of how good the beer is though!
Quote Reply
Re: Places to run in Edmonton? Places for craft beer in Edmonton? [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
I never pictured you as the mugger type lol. BTW is the Sherlock Holmes Pub near the U of A any good? The place keeps showing up on Groupon.

Not sure if there is s Sherlock Holmes close to the U of A but there is one downtown on Rice Howard way. If you don't like it, 8 steps south takes you to Craft across the street. If you don't like that, 5 steps east takes you to 100 Bar & Kitchen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Craft and MKT for beer.

Definitely the river valley for the run.
Don't listen to these lads, Edmonton is extremely safe.

Make sure you eat at Tres Carnales. Best Mexican in town.
Quote Reply
Re: Places to run in Edmonton? Places for craft beer in Edmonton? [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all - this chica has enough information to be dangerous in your town...

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply